Virginia Lottery announces winners of New Year’s Millionaire Raffle
Posted: Jan 1, 2021 / 02:17 PM EST / Updated: Jan 1, 2021 / 02:19 PM EST
(Photo: Courtesy Virginia Lottery)
(WFXR) — The Virginia Lottery has drawn the winning numbers in the New Year’s Millionaire Raffle, so which lucky folks have those four $1 million winning tickets?
According to a statement released by the Virginia Lottery on Friday, Jan. 1, the four tickets listed below will bring home $1 million:
- Ticket #151989 (bought at Sheetz at 2016 South Main Street in Farmville)
- Ticket #325475 (bought at 7-Eleven at 13360 Minnieville Road in Woodbridge)
- Ticket #399189 (bought at 7-Eleven at 3673 Virginia Beach Boulevard in Virginia Beach)
- Ticket #426685 (bought at Royal Farms at 5301 Jefferson Davis Highway in Fredericksburg)
In addition, lottery officials say the following six tickets each won a $100,000 prize:
- Ticket #202728 (bought at Food Lion at 425-A Wythe Creek Road in Poquoson)
- Ticket #272453 (bought at 7-Eleven at 7077 George Washington Memorial Highway in Gloucester)
- Ticket #291119 (bought at Sheetz at 9401 Amberdale Drive in North Chesterfield)
- Ticket #403434 (bought at Mt. Hill Mini Mart at 1836 South Boston Road in Danville)
- Ticket #436534 (bought at 7-Eleven at 4464 Princess Anne Road in Virginia Beach)
- Ticket #450205 (bought at Darden’s Country Store at 16249 Bowling Green Road in Smithfield)
There were also another 500 tickets each winning $500, according to the Virginia Lottery. You can check out those winning numbers by on the Virginia Lottery website.
- Georgia man arrested hours after Capitol riot found dead
- Investigation underway after early morning fire at southeast Roanoke house
- Police: Child rescued after possible attempted drowning in Appomattox River
- Children struggling with mental health as pandemic continues
- Virginia’s Capitol Square to close on annual lobbying day
Get breaking news, weather, and sports delivered to your smartphone with the WFXR News app available on Apple and Android.
Copyright 2021 Nexstar Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.(WFXR) — The Virginia Lottery has drawn the winning numbers in the New Year’s Millionaire Raffle, so which lucky folks have those four $1 million winning tickets? According to a statement released by the Virginia Lottery on Friday, Jan. 1, the four tickets listed below will bring home $1 million: Ticket #151989 (bought at Sheetz […]
Virginia Man Wins $800,000 After Playing the Same Numbers on 160 Lottery Tickets: ‘I Just Had a Feeling’
Each of the tickets Kwame Cross bought won the top prize of $5,000, multiplying his winnings into a six-figure payout
A man in Virginia has seen his fortune multiply after purchasing more than a hundred lottery tickets that all turned out to be winners.
Kwame Cross won $800,000 by playing the exact same four-digit combination — 7-3-1-4 — on 160 tickets for the Dec. 5 drawing of the Virginia Lottery Pick 4 game.
“I saw an address in a TV show, in the background, and for some reason it stayed with me,” he told Virginia Lottery officials in a press release. “I just had a feeling.”
Each of the tickets Cross had bought won the top prize of $5,000, multiplying his winnings into a six-figure payout.
Cross said he was waiting in the drive-thru line at a fast-food restaurant when he learned that he was in possession of 160 winning tickets.
“I thought, ‘This can’t be real!’ ” he recalled. “I had to pull over and check like 82 times. It feels surreal!”
The chances of matching all four numbers in exact order are 1 in 10,000, according to Virginia Lottery.
Cross — who owns a small business in Washington, D.C. — said he has no immediate plans for the money.
Lottery officials said the winning tickets were purchased at a Sunoco gas station in Arlington.
RELATED VIDEO: Man Wins $60 Million Lottery After Playing with the Same Numbers for More Than 20 Years
Cross is not the first lottery winner who hit the jackpot on multiple tickets for the same drawing. Earlier this year, a Michigan man won $2 million after accidentally purchasing a duplicate ticket with the same numbers.
Samir Mazahem told Michigan Lottery that he had only meant to buy one ticket for the June 9 Mega Millions drawing, but mistakenly bought a second ticket when he went on the lottery app to save the numbers he had played: 01-05-09-10-23.
“What I didn’t realize is that meant I would be buying a second ticket with the same numbers,” he said. “Once I figured out I had bought two tickets with identical numbers, I was a little bummed, but didn’t think much about it.”
Mazahem later discovered that each ticket had won $1 million each, therefore doubling his winnings.
“Saying that I was stunned is an understatement,” he said. “I couldn’t believe it was real. It took several days for the reality to set in that my mistake had paid off to the tune of $2 million.”Each of the tickets Kwame Cross bought won the top prize of $5,000, multiplying his winnings into a six-figure payout ]]>