Cambrian School District
Exploring Infinite Possibilities for Learning
Exploring Infinite Possibilities for Learning
- Requirements, Steps, & Enroll
- School Tours: 2021-22
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- Before & After School Care Program
- Steindorf: Information and FAQ
- Transitional Kindergarten & Kindergarten
- Lottery Information
- Withdraw or Dis-enroll
If there are more students requesting a school and grade level than the current space available, a priority list and a lottery will determine the order in which students are admitted for the school requested. Cambrian School District Board Policy & Procedure 5116.1
The lottery is held in mid to late March 2021, at the Cambrian Professional Development Center Building 7, 4115 Jacksol Drive, 95124. Please note we cannot pre-determine start times for each grade level or school. The whole lottery takes no more than 2 hours.
Basic Lottery Information:
- The lottery does not determine placement. Placement will come at a later date. The purpose of the lottery is to organize students in random order by school, grade level, and priority. Students will be placed on a waiting list in ranking order until space becomes available.
- Attendance is not required. If you would like to attend, please enter through the gate on the right-hand side of the main District Office Building.
- The waiting list is a way to organize students for the District. Being on the waiting list does not represent if a school site is at capacity.
- Your child will receive a lottery number and confirmation of priority by email. The lottery number is used as identification in the lottery process.
- Multiple Child Provision: If a family participating has twins, triplets… the numbers will be pulled together and assigned consecutively. For instance, if there are twins and the number 10 is selected for the family in the lottery, they will be assigned 10 and 11, and then the next number drawn would be placed as number 12.
- First Priority: Siblings of students currently attending and will be attending in 2021-22 school year at the school requested and qualified Cambrian Employees
- Second Priority: Cambrian Residents
- Third Priority: Out of District Families with a sibling currently attending and will be attending in 2021-22 school year at the school requested
- Fourth Priority: Out of District Families
The Lottery Process (moves very fast):
- Steindorf Kindergarten, first priority students are drawn first. We move through all four priorities in a school and grade level until all students are placed in numerical order. (Cambrian School District Board Policy 5116.1) (There could be up to four (4) lotteries, per grade level, per school)
- Lottery numbers will be read aloud as they are individually drawn and displayed on the screen in order as they are drawn. The ranking order list is displayed during the current grade lottery ONLY. Once that grade level lottery is over, the rankings and student numbers are removed and posted on the District website.
- Please do not approach the “Lottery Team” during the lottery process. If you missed your student’s ranking order or grade level, the results will be posted on the Cambrian School District website within a week.
- We move through the student numbers fairly quickly. If you have any questions, please see our help desk at the back of the room.
After the Lottery:
- Ranking numbers according to the lottery are emailed out individually to students. Please be patient with us, as we do double-check all student numbers and the ordered placed.
- Once a school and grade level establishes the number of spaces available a confirmation email will be sent out based on the lottery results.
- Cambrian School District must receive confirmation of acceptance or decline, within 10 school days (deadline date will be stated in the confirmation email).
- All students will be notified with either a placement or a waiting list ranking number. As space becomes available, we will contact you by phone or email.
- Lottery results are posted on the District website in number ranking order by school and grade level.
- The District website will be updated periodically as changes occur.
- All students will have an opportunity to request a second choice school if they choose, or automatically be enrolled or stay at their current home school until space becomes available. (more information will come after the lottery)
- The waiting list remains active until October 15th. Lists will be terminated on October 16th.
Open Enrollment for the 2021 – 2022 school year begins November 15 and closes February 5, 2021. The school will be accepting applications for grades K-8 for next school year. If the number of applications submitted within this period of time exceeds the number of seats available for any grade level, a system generated, random lottery will be processed in order to determine who is offered a seat at the school. All applications submitted within the Open Enrollment period will have an equal opportunity for admission, regardless of whether they are submitted on the first day or the last day of Open Enrollment.
Applications submitted for the 2020- 2021 school year will not be valid, roll over, or be processed in the 2021 – 2022 lottery. A new application must be submitted during the Open Enrollment period in order to be considered for a 2021-22 seat.
For more information regarding lottery preferences, enrollment, and registration, please view our Enrollment Policy.
Open Enrollment Events
We encourage our interested families to attend an enrollment information session to find out more about our school’s programs and offerings. Attending an information session is also the perfect platform to ask your questions to faculty and staff. Visit our events page to see a list of information sessions being offered.
Lottery Process – THE LOTTERY IS SET FOR February 18, 2021.
Applications received during the “Open Enrollment” window will be eligible for the lottery. In the event that the number of applications for any grade exceeds the number of available seats, a random lottery will be held. The lottery results will be posted on this page, and the first round of offers will be extended to all of the applicants selected in the lottery process. An official offer will be extended to the applicants selected in the lottery process via letter, email, or phone call. They will have one week (7 days), starting from their offer date, to either accept or decline the extended offer.
Should an applicant not get selected in the lottery process, they will automatically be placed on the waiting list. As seats become available, applicants on the waiting list will receive offers. Therefore, an applicant that is not selected in the lottery will not receive any formal communication from the school until they are extended an offer via letter, email, or phone call.
Once an applicant has accepted their offered seat at our school, they will be able to complete the registration through the ACE Parent Dashboard. The registration must be completed within 10 business days, including the required documents. The documents required to complete a registration are:
- immunization records
- student’s birth certificate
- a NC Health Assessment completed by a physician for Kindergarten scholars and scholars new to NC public schools
- two proofs of residency (one must be a utility bill)
- parent’s driver’s license or state-issued ID
A hard copy of these documents may be requested if the uploaded copies are not legible.
SchoolMint Enrollment Management SystemConcord Lake STEAM Academy, a tuition-free public charter school, located in Cabarrus County, educating students in grades K-8. ]]>