A Pull Tab is a folded or banded ticket, a card with break-open tabs, or a ticket with latex covering. A winning pull tab contains certain symbols or numbers and may contain multiple winning symbols or numbers. A pull tab game must be played with two or more deals commingled at any time.
- The maximum cash prize for a winning symbol or number on a pull tab or last sale prize is $500.
- An individual must be at least 21 to play pull tabs.
Recordkeeping forms – all Pull Tab activity
- Pull Tab Daily Activity Report (SFN 50153)
- Account for the activity of up to eight pull tab games at a site each day.
- Pull Tab Summary (SFN 50150)
- Summarize each pull tab game using the information from the Pull Tab Daily Activity Report.
- Pull Tabs – Weekly Interim Audit (SFN 3524)
- Record weekly interim audits of a game for twelve weeks. Refer to NDAC § 99-01.3-06-02(12) for information on when weekly audits are required.
Other general forms for the conduct of Pull Tab activity are: Record of Win, I.O.U., Ideal Cash Bank Master Record, Cumulative Ideal Cash Bank Record, Reconciliation of Ideal Cash Banks, Reconciliation of Inventories, Master Game Inventory Log, Site Inventory Log, and Cash Reserve Bank-Daily Report . These additional forms can be found under General Forms.
Pull Tab (By Deal)
The method of accounting for redeemed winning pull tabs each time a deal is added to a pull tab game conducted through a jar bar. All major and minor winners are retained together in the bag or box for the deal that was recorded as being closed. The cash bank for the game is recorded on a daily accounting record for each day of activity.
- Pull Tab Daily Cash Bank Summary “By Deal” (SFN 18562)
- Account for the daily opening and closing cash bank amounts for pull tabs.
- Prize Redemption Summary “By Deal” (SFN 9883)
- Record the prize activity for a game.
- Major Winning Ticket Identification Form “By Deal” (SFN 3544)
- Document the redeemed major winning tickets that are contained in each bag or box for each deal that is closed during the play of a game.
- Pull Tab Summary for Schedule B1 “By Deal” (SFN 9884)
- Summarize each pull tab game using the information from the Pull Tab Daily Cash Bank Summary and the Prize Redemption Summary.
Other general forms for the conduct of Pull Tab using the “By Deal” method are: Record of Win, I.O.U., Ideal Cash Bank Master Record, Cumulative Ideal Cash Bank Record, Reconciliation of Ideal Cash Banks, Reconciliation of Inventories, Master Game Inventory Log, Site Inventory Log, and Cash Reserve Bank-Daily Report. These additional forms can be found under General Forms.
Pull Tab Dispensing Devices
Organizations may purchase pull tab dispensing devices from a licensed distributor. A licensed organization may operate a pull tab dispensing device when the organization’s employee is on duty and may have a bar employee redeem a winning pull tab even if the organization’s employee is not on duty.
- Bar employees cannot play pull tab dispensing devices while on duty.
Use of this office’s standard recordkeeping forms is required for pull tab dispensing device activity. Obtain written approval from this office before using another system.
- Dispensing Devices – Access Log (SFN 18113)
- Used to record the access into a pull tab device by any person.
- Dispensing Devices – Record of Serial Numbers (SFN 18619)
- When a new game is started, enter the serial numbers of the first two deals added to the device.
- Credit Redemption Register (SFN 18127)
- Record the payment to players for pull tabs not properly dispensed by the device.
- Pull Tab Dispensing Device Interim Period Site Summary (SFN 18124)
- Used whenever currency is withdrawn from the device, pull tabs are bought back from the bar, and/or deals are added to the device.
- Pull Tab Dispensing Device Interim Period Site Summary – Ticket Reader (SFN 53740)
- Account for pull tab activity when a dispensing device equipped with a ticket reader is used to conduct pull tab dispensing device activity.
- Pull Tab Dispensing Device Summary (SFN 18126)
- Summarize each pull tab game using the information on the applicable Pull Tab Dispensing Device Interim Period Site Summary.
- Pull Tab Dispensing Device Daily Employee Report (SFN 50006)
- Used by an organization employee who is redeeming winning pull tabs.
- Pull Tab Dispensing Device Daily Employee Report & Interim Period Site Summary (SFN 54067)
- Used by an organization that has its employees redeeming winning pull tabs at all times from the dispensing device and also has its employees servicing the device.
- Pull Tab Dispensing Device – Weekly Interim Audit (SFN 51685)
- Used to record interim audits of a game for twelve weeks.
Pull Tab Games
Help Raise Funds for Charitable Missions
Did you know?
The Rhode Island Lottery offers special games that can only be used for fundraising by charitable not-for-profit organizations that are registered with the Secretary of State`s Office.
Non-profit organizations that already use Bingo, Monte Carlo Nights, Penny Socials and other forms of fundraising opportunities also have the opportunity to offer Pull-Tab games, a fun and entertaining product offered through the Rhode Island Lottery, to add to their selection.
ONLY charitable not-for-profit organizations may apply for these special games.
Fifty-cent games like Baseball give players a chance to win up to $150 instantly while the organization raises much-needed funds for its charitable mission.
Click on the links below to download a copy of the Rhode Island Lottery Pull-Tab application and disclaimer forms. There is no application fee for not-for-profit organizations.
Pull Tab Disclaimer Form (PDF, 11 KB) (This must be completed along with the application)
To view PDF documents, you may need to download the free Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Contact the Rhode Island Lottery at 1-401-463-6500 for more information.Pull Tab Games Help Raise Funds for Charitable Missions Did you know? The Rhode Island Lottery offers special games that can only be used for fundraising by charitable not-for-profit ]]>