Powerball and Powerball Plus results for Friday, 16 October 2020
There’s big money on the line tonight! R103 million is on the line. Here are your Powerball and Powerball Plus results for Friday, 16 October 2020.
Powerball and Powerball Plus Results – Numbers
It’s Friday night and that can only mean one thing; cash dollar bills (not really) are ready to be won in the Powerball draw.
Powerball and Powerball Plus jackpots estimated at:
- R35 million (Powerball)
- R77 million (Powerball Plus)
But if you really want your share of the jackpot, you have to play the Lotto! You know what they say, you’ve got to be in it to win it.
TheSouthAfrican.com brings you the Powerball results as soon as they happen .
The numbers will appear below as soon as they are available. Powerball results usually appear no later than 21:15.
If you cannot see the numbers, you might need to restart or refresh your browser.
Powerball and Powerball Plus Winning Numbers
|Click here for all||Powerball Results|
|Click here for all||Lotto and Lotto Plus Results|
|Click here for all||Daily Lotto Results|
- PowerBall: 1, 7, 18, 37, 48 Powerball: 13
- PowerBall Plus: 22, 31, 40, 47, 48 Powerball: 15
Check out previous South African PowerBall results here. For more details and to verify the numbers visit the National Lottery website.
When do lottery ticket sales close?
If you are buying your tickets from an existing Lottery outlet, they close at 20:30 on the day of a draw. The terms and conditions for other lotto services vary – please read them when you sign up for these services.
What does a Lotto ticket cost?
- A single LOTTO play will cost you R5.00 vat incl. A single cost of LOTTO PLUS 1 will be R2.50 and a single cost of LOTTO PLUS 2 will be R2.50 vat incl.
- But be aware if you use any of the online services, there might be an additional charge. Always check the terms and conditions.
Level 3 Lockdown: At least 7 000 arrested for not wearing masks
COVID-19: Gauteng to overtake KwaZulu-Natal as epicentre
Your daily Horoscope for 13 January 2021
Weather forecast, alerts and UVB index for all South African provinces, 13 January 2021
Gary Player’s son leads anger at golfing great accepting Medal of Freedom
TheSouthAfrican.com is all about South Africa and the stories that affect South Africans, wherever they are in the world.
Our offices are for administrative purposes only, no visitors will be accepted without an appointment.
South Africa– Blue Sky Publications (Pty) Ltd T/A TheSouthAfrican Number: 2005/028472/07.
Address: Regus Business Centre
1st Floor, Block B, North Park, Black River Park, 2 Fir Street, Observatory, Cape Town, 7925, South Africa
Postal: Blue Sky Publications (Pty) Ltd T/A TheSouthAfrican, PO Box 44354, Claremont, 7735, South Africa
United Kingdom– Blue Sky Publications Ltd – Company Registration Number: 04683692.
Address: Riverbank House, 1 Putney Bridge Approach, London, SW6 4TJ
Powerball Plus today: winning numbers and results for Friday October 16, 2020
Today’s Powerball Plus results are in. Here are the winning numbers for Friday October 16, 2020
Your latest Powerball Plus results are featured further below. Born2Invest, a leading finance site, publishes live lottery data, from lottery operators around the world. We deliver your Powerball Plus results first.
Your Powerball Plus results for Friday October 16, 2020 are as follows:
Are you holding the winning lottery numbers in your hand? Thumbs all the way up to you if that is the case.
Remember that most lotteries offer online play without the need to purchase tickets in a physical retail location. Furthermore, online-only operators offer several advantages such as the ability to play with crypto currencies like Bitcoin instead of fiat currencies (cash). Other game options are open in most countries, like slot and casino games .
Ever since the first lottery in China in 205 BC people have been hunting for the key to making sure they hold the winning ticket. The internet is brimming with websites promising players that one tip they need to hit the jackpot. Unfortunately, as any long term lottery player can tell you, most of these tips are little more than placebos. Predicting the winning number is as difficult as counting how many grains of sand make a beach.
That being said there are some tips and techniques that can help you get an edge.
- Select overlooked numbers: This won’t help you win but it will ensure you get the highest payout if you do. Jackpots are often split between multiple winners, so if you select unpopular numbers you maximize your potential payout compared to the hordes of players relying on lucky 7s.
- Pick games with good odds: Many players don’t realize that different lotteries actually have different chances of winning. Make sure you carefully read the rules and play the games that give you the best chance of getting a winning ticket. Keep in mind that national lotteries, like Powerball and MegaMillions have fixed odds of winning, which increases the chance you’ll have to share your jackpot. Don’t turn your nose up at scratch cards either! They offer smaller rewards but often have better odds of getting a payout
- Use second chance drawings: Many lotteries offer the opportunity for players to get a second chance on one ticket. All you need to do is fill out the form on the back of second-chance lottery tickets and mail it in, getting a bonus chance to hit the jackpot.
- Create a lottery pool: lottery pools allow a number of players to agree to split the jackpot if one of them wins. This reduces your potential payout but hugely increases your chances of winning. You can either join an existing pool or make a new one within your own social network.
Did you know that?
- Talk about odds: in 2010, the Israel lottery drew the same six numbers it did three weeks earlier.
The likelihood of this happening are roughly one in four trillion.
- “I wish I’d torn that ticket up.” This quote is attributed to Andrew “Jack” Whittaker who won $315 million at the Powerball jackpot in 2012. First, Mr. Whittaker was robbed and sued, then both his daughter and granddaughter died.
- 70%: the percentage of lottery winners who either lose all of their winnings or spend them all within seven years.
- 44, 38, and 40 represent the most commonly drawn numbers in the lottery.
- $584,402,676: the amount you would need to spend on buying lottery tickets if you wanted to play every possible combination of a $2 ticket and be guaranteed to win.
- 1-in-292,201,338: the probability of winning if you purchased thousands of tickets as the probability does not increase with further draws.
- 44 states: the number of US states that participate in the lottery. Six states have opted out: Utah, Alabama, Alaska, Mississippi, Hawaii, and Nevada. Nevada does not participate because the state already benefits from gambling profits.
- $1.5 billion (January 2016): the largest jackpot in U.S. history The winning tickets were sold in California, Texas, and Florida.
A-list actors, comedians and other celebrities routinely poke fun at the lottery or make remarks that stress its importance in our culture. A couple of examples:
“ A friend bought me a plane ticket to Hawaii, which is where I got discovered and became an actor, so I guess a friend bought me a winning lottery ticket.” (Chris Pratt)
“Here’s something to think about: How come you never see a headline like ‘Psychic Wins Lottery’?” (Jay Leno)Is this jackpot yours? New millionaires are minted every month. Is this your turn? Find out now as the Powerball Plus lottery results for Friday October 16, 2020 are in. ]]>