Powerball results for 12/02/20; did anyone win the $228M jackpot?
Powerball is played each Wednesday and Saturday night.
LANSING, MI – There was no winner of the $228 million Powerball jackpot for the drawing held on Wednesday, Dec. 2.
That means the Powerball drawing on Saturday, Dec. 5 will be worth $243 million with a cash option of $189.4 million.
The Powerball Numbers (white) for Dec. 2: 28-31-40-41-46
The Red Powerball Power Number: 4
The Power Play Number: 3
Powerball winners for Dec. 2:
· While there was no grand prize winner, one player matched all five white numbers drawn to win $1 million. That ticket was sold in Arizona.
· However, that player did not play the Power Play option, which would have increased their winnings to $2 million.
· In Michigan, 11 tickets sold won $300 in the drawing. That was the largest prize won in the state.
· There were 660,132 tickets sold that won at least $4 in the drawing. In Michigan, 22,058 tickets sold won at least $4.
· The actual jackpot was worth $228.7 million, slightly less than the advertised estimated jackpot of $231 million.
Powerball is offered in 44 States, Washington D.C., Puerto Rico, and the Virgin Islands. Players select five white numbers from (1 to 69) and one red ball (1 to 26). Tickets cost $2 each.
In other Michigan Lottery news:
· The next Mega Millions drawing is Friday, Dec. 4 with an estimated jackpot of $244 million and a cash option of $187.6 million.
· The next Lotto 47 drawing is Saturday, Dec. 5 at 7:29 p.m. with a jackpot of $1.5 million. Deadline is 7:08 p.m. that day.
· Thursday’s Fantasy 5 jackpot is an estimated $119,000. The drawing is at 7:29 p.m. Deadline is 7:08 p.m.
For the latest on Michigan Lottery, check out the official Michigan Lottery site, which also offers more information on instant tickets, raffles and other lottery games.
The last player from Michigan to win a Mega Millions or Powerball jackpot was Cristy Davis of Waterford who won $70 million playing Powerball in February. With her winnings, Davis said she planned to buy a new house and car.
And while she was a lucky winner, it’s smart for players to check their tickets immediately as a winner worth $1 million sold in Hartland last year went unclaimed. The ticket was purchased at the Speedway in Hartland, but the winner never came forward to claim the prize. The money instead went to the state’s School Aid Fund.
If you’d like to be the next player from Michigan to win a huge lottery prize, take a look at these tips from lottery expert Richard Lustig. The author of “Learn How To Increase Your Chances Of Winning The Lottery” has won more than $1 million in Florida by winning top jackpot prizes in smaller games.
Note to readers: if you purchase something through one of our affiliate links we may earn a commission.
© 2021 Advance Local Media LLC. All rights reserved (About Us).
The material on this site may not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, cached or otherwise used, except with the prior written permission of Advance Local.
Community Rules apply to all content you upload or otherwise submit to this site.
Powerball results for 12/02/20; did anyone win the $228M jackpot? Powerball is played each Wednesday and Saturday night. LANSING, MI – There was no winner of the $228 million Powerball