Powerball Results, Numbers for 10/10/20: Did Anyone Win the $62 Million?
The winning numbers in Saturday evening’s drawing of the Powerball were 5, 18, 23, 40, and 50. The Powerball was 18 and the Power Play was X2.
No one has claimed the $62 million jackpot for the October 10 draw, according to the Powerball website. As a result, the prize money will now roll over to the next drawing on Thursday, October 15. The estimated jackpot then will be $72 million (with a cash value of $56.3 million).
Even though no players scooped the jackpot in Saturday night’s draw, there were some big winners.
A player in Pennsylvania correctly matched five white balls to win a $1 million prize. Meanwhile, 13 other players matched four white balls and the Powerball correctly to win $50,000 prizes.
The Powerball jackpot was reset to $20 million last month after a player in New York scooped the $94 million jackpot in the September 16 draw. The winning ticket was sold at Minogue’s Beverage located at 2421 Route 9 in Ballston Spa, according to the Powerball website.
Before then, the jackpot hadn’t been won since August 12, when one lucky player in Florida matched all five white balls and the Powerball to scoop a massive $169 million payout.
The Powerball jackpot was also won twice in June. One winner, Thomas Cook, split his $22 million prize with his best friend Joseph Feeney. The pair from Wisconsin shook hands in 1992, agreeing that they would split their winnings if either one ever won the Powerball jackpot, no matter no bought the ticket.
Earlier in the month, a player in West Virginia scooped a $136 million jackpot.
- Mega Millions Drawing For 10/09/20, Friday Jackpot is $60 Million
- Powerball Drawing For 10/10/20, Saturday Jackpot is $62 Million
- Powerball Numbers For 10/07/20, Wednesday Jackpot was $52 Million
- Mega Millions Numbers For 10/06/20, Tuesday Jackpot was $50 Million
How do you play Powerball?
Powerball is a hugely popular multi-state lottery that is available to play in 45 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands. Drawings usually take place twice a week on a Wednesday and Saturday night, at 10:59 p.m. ET. Each draw is broadcast live from the lottery studio in Tallahassee, Florida.
Each ticket costs $2 per play, with players selecting five numbers from 1 to 69, in addition to one red Powerball number from 1 to 26. In certain circumstances, players can also multiply non-jackpot prizes by using the Power Play option for an additional $1.
Why is the Powerball so low?
Powerball slashed its minimum payout in half from $40 million to $20 million with minimum roll increased of $2 million between drawings back in March because of the coronavirus pandemic leading to reduced sales, according to lottery officials.The winning numbers in Saturday evening’s drawing of the Powerball were 5, 18, 23, 40, and 50. The Powerball was 18 and the Power Play was X2.
Powerball results for 10/11/17; jackpot worth $127M
The Powerball Numbers (white) for Oct. 11: 1-3-13-19-69. The Red Powerball Power Number: 23. The Power Play Number: 2.(Courtesy of Michigan State Lottery)
LANSING, MI – The Powerball jackpot is closing in on $150 million as there was no winner of the $127 million jackpot for the drawing held on Wednesday, Oct. 11.
That means the drawing on Oct. 14 will be worth $143 million with a cash option of $89 million.
The Powerball Numbers (white) for Oct. 11: 1-3-13-19-69
The Red Powerball Power Number: 23
The Power Play Number: 2
Powerball winners for Oct. 11:
- While there was no grand prize winner, one player matched all five white numbers drawn to win $1 million. That winning ticket was sold in North Carolina.
- That player also played the Power Play option which increased their winnings to $2 million.
- Overall, there were 556,881 winners in the drawing who won at least $4 each. In Michigan, there were 16,664 winners.
- In Michigan, one player matched four white numbers and the Powerball to win $50,000. That was the largest prize won in the state.
Powerball is offered in 44 States, Washington D.C., Puerto Rico, and the Virgin Islands. Players select five white numbers from (1 to 69) and one red ball (1 to 26). Tickets cost $2 each.
In other Michigan Lottery news:
- The next Mega Millions drawing is Friday Oct. 13 with an estimated jackpot of $43 million and cash option of $26 million.
- The next Lotto 47 drawing is Saturday, Oct. 14 at 7:29 p.m. with a jackpot of $3.2 million. Deadline is 7:08 p.m. that day.
- Thursday’s Fantasy 5 jackpot is an estimated $105,000. The drawing is at 7:29 p.m. Deadline is 7:08 p.m.
For the latest on Michigan Lottery, check out the official Michigan Lottery site which also offers more information on instant tickets, raffles and other lottery games.
Note to readers: if you purchase something through one of our affiliate links we may earn a commission.
© 2021 Advance Local Media LLC. All rights reserved (About Us).
The material on this site may not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, cached or otherwise used, except with the prior written permission of Advance Local.
Community Rules apply to all content you upload or otherwise submit to this site.Powerball results for 10/11/17; jackpot worth $127M The Powerball Numbers (white) for Oct. 11: 1-3-13-19-69. The Red Powerball Power Number: 23. The Power Play Number: 2.(Courtesy of Michigan ]]>