Pick-n-Pull Grand Openings Saturday, September 7 th , in Massachusetts and Rhode Island
RANCHO CORDOVA, Calif.–( BUSINESS WIRE )–Pick-n-Pull announces the grand opening of three new stores in Freetown and Millis, Massachusetts, and in Cumberland, Rhode Island. These stores will provide customers in the greater Boston and Providence areas with a new way to purchase used auto parts and the ability to participate in an environmentally responsible vehicle recycling program.
Pick-n-Pull customers can purchase used auto parts at our new stores and save up to 90% off new auto part prices by bringing their own tools and pulling the parts they need from a huge selection of vehicles. Tires start at $15.00, starters and alternators start at $24.99 and fenders and radiators start at $39.99. Pick-n-Pull also offers to pull parts for customers at slightly higher prices. All sales include a free 30-day exchange, and customers can purchase a 12-month warranty on select parts. There is a “Toolkit” loyalty program where customers can earn points for future purchases and participate in exclusive sales events.
Pick-n-Pull provides clean and organized stores with well-marked rows of easy-to-find vehicles and free use of wheel barrows and engine hoists. Customers can search vehicle inventory by store at www.picknpull.com or on www.row52.com, where customers can view pictures and VIN report information and sign up for alerts. There is also an in-store parts interchange system to find alternative vehicles that have the same parts. Pick-n-Pull also recycles junk cars from the community through their Cash For Junk Cars program which can be reached by calling 1-800-442-JUNK (5865).
“We are excited about opening three new stores in the Freetown, Millis and Cumberland areas,” said Tom Klauer, President of Pick-n-Pull. “Our innovative and easy-to-shop self-service retail concept not only provides huge savings on auto parts, but also provides a way for residents to recycle their unwanted vehicles in an environmentally responsible manner and get a little extra cash. We have been in the self-service auto parts business for over 25 years, operating in 30 markets across the US and Canada, and we are proud to add the Freetown, Millis and Cumberland communities to our family of stores.”
The Pick-n-Pull Grand Opening celebration and ribbon-cutting ceremony will take place at the Freetown, Millis and Cumberland stores on Saturday, September 7 th , starting at 8:00 a.m.
Join Tom Klauer, Pick-n-Pull President, for the official ribbon-cutting ceremony at the Cumberland store on Saturday, September 7 th , at 8:00 a.m.
The first 100 customers at each location will get a FREE Pick-n-Pull T-shirt and a FREE Pick-n-Pull bag, and all customers can enter to win a brand new tool box. Local radio stations will broadcast live from each store starting at 11:00 a.m. Customers will also have the opportunity to meet New England Patriot cheerleaders at Millis and Freetown and get free autographs.
The Pick-n-Pull stores are located in Freetown, MA, at 65 Chace Road, in Millis, MA, at 1465 Main Street and in Cumberland, RI, at 70 Macondray Street.Pick-n-Pull announces the grand opening of three new stores in Freetown and Millis, Massachusetts, and in Cumberland, Rhode Island. These stores will
Pick and pull cumberland rhode island
Tracking Code 5759-255 Job Description
PICK-n-PULL Auto Dismantlers is a self-service auto dismantling and recycling company, now with 60+ LOCATIONS throughout the U.S. and Canada, which is focused on consolidating the highly fragmented recycled auto parts market. PICK-n-PULL is a $300+ million, fastest growing division of Schnitzer Steel Industries, Inc. Schnitzer is a 100 year old publicly traded company with revenues in excess of $1.5 billion.
This position will contribute to the production team and help ensure goals are met safely and efficiently while conforming to all company policies. The Production Crew will process vehicles in a safe manner to produce core & scrap products, enable the customers to pull parts, and satisfy environmental requirements.
- Follow company policy and procedures, as to set the example for the rest of the team.
- Degarbage: Remove Freon, power steering fluid, power brake fluid, batteries, excess garbage, and other items as prescribed by procedure.
- Drain: Remove gasoline, coolant, waste oil, transfer case oil, catalytic converters, and other items as prescribed by procedure.
- Set & Pull: Place vehicles on wheel stands so customers can safely access sellable parts. Remove vehicles and clean up the surrounding area in preparation for the next vehicle set. Other duties as prescribed by procedure.
- Field Decore: Loosen the motor and transmission mounts. Remove any remaining tires and selected core items as prescribed by procedure.
- Ground Decore: Remove heater cores, copper wire, and other items as prescribed by procedure. Maintain the crush pad work area to reduce equipment downtime, harvest cores, and ensure environmental compliance.
- Table Decore: Dismantle engines and transmissions. Remove selected small cores, harvest wire, sort commodity materials, and other duties as prescribed by procedure.
- Tire Dismantling: Use the tire machine to separate rubber tires and wheels. Remove weights and stems. Sort tires and prepare rims for shipment.
- Janitor: Collect and harvest core dismantled core materials. Remove debris. Identify & address safety risks in the customer area. Other duties as prescribed by procedure.
- Miscellaneous: Assist customers as needed in a courteous manner. Review and complete logs for regulatory and tracking purposes. Maintain and replace storm water control devices. Assist in the review and maintenance of mechanical equipment.
- Ability to wear and maintain all prescribed PPE and follow basic safety practices.
- Ability to follow verbal and written instructions including comprehension of basic safety messages and labels (waste oil, gasoline, flammable, etc.).
- Ability to complete safety, environmental, and code of conduct training.
- Able to work required hours which may include weekends, holidays and OT.
- Ability to work efficiently in a variety of weather conditions – rain, snow, sun, cold – for a full shift.
- Experience in automotive repair or dismantling, preferred but not required.
- Experience with automotive parts and/or retail customers, preferred but not required.
- Experience with tools and machinery, preferred but not required.
Physical Activities Required to Perform Essential Functions:
- Standing, walking, bending, and stretching are required regularly to perform customer care, production, and environmental/safety responsibility functions.
- Manual dexterity to handle tools and the ability to move 50 pounds are regularly required to perform routine functions.
- Manual dexterity to maintain the facility, clean by mopping, sweeping, etc. as required.
- Vision must be sufficient to perform job functions safely as described above.
- Able to work on feet (stand and walk) for assigned work shift.
- Exposure on a regular basis to outdoor weather conditions.
- Periodic exposure to minimal chemical hazards.
PLEASE NOTE: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required.
All U.S. applicants must be 18 years of age or older and all Canada applicants must be 16 years of age or older.
Schnitzer Steel Industries, Inc. participates in e-verify for all U.S. new hires.
Schnitzer Steel Industries, Inc. administers a pre-employment drug screen and background check for U.S. new hires.
All new hires must review and sign an Arbitration Agreement. This applies to all U.S. non-union employees.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Schnitzer Steel Industries, Inc. does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, marital status, disability status, national origin or ancestry, veteran status, age, prior industrial injury, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other protected status under local, state or federal law.
Job Location Cumberland, Rhode Island, United States Company Location Pick-n-Pull – Cumberland Position Type Full-Time/RegularSearch for all jobs in USA with diversity-friendly employers. ]]>