How to Play
It’s as easy as 1-2-3!
Playing PICK 3™ is easy. It’s the game where you can play today and get paid today. You can win a top prize of $500 with a $1 Straight play, or increase your chances of winning with a Box, Straight/Box, Combo, Pairs or 1-OFF ® play. So many options to try! Simply select your lucky numbers and play it your way any day – twice a day. Midday and evening drawings offer two chances to play – and win!
To play, pick up a PICK 3 playslip at an authorized Florida Lottery retailer. Each playslip contains five panels (A-E). In each panel played:
1. Select one number (from 0 through 9) from each column for a total of three digits, or mark the QP (Quick Pick) box and let the terminal randomly pick some or all of your numbers. For a Front Pair play, select numbers from the first two columns only; and, for a Back Pair play, select numbers from the last two columns only.
2. Select the play type: Straight, Box, Straight/Box, 1-OFF, Combo, Front Pair, or Back Pair.
3. Select the amount you want to play: 50 cents or $1 (all Straight/Box and 1-OFF plays cost $1; Combo plays cost $1.50 to $6.00).
4. Select the draw time. Select MID for the midday drawing (1:30 p.m. ET), EVE for the evening drawing (9:45 p.m. ET) draw, or BOTH for both the midday and evening drawings. If no draw time is marked, the terminal will automatically print a ticket for the next available draw. If BOTH is selected, two separate tickets will print – one for the midday drawing and one for the evening drawing.
5. To Advance Play the same numbers and play types up to 14 consecutive days for the selected draw time(s), simply mark the number in the “Days” section on your playslip.
6. Give your completed playslip and payment to the retailer. You will receive a ticket for each set of selected numbers and draw date(s). Please check your ticket(s) before you leave the store. You are responsible for the accuracy of your ticket(s).
7. Check the official drawing results to see if you’re a winner! Draw results are available on this website, at authorized Florida Lottery retailers and by calling (850) 921-PLAY (7529). You may also watch the drawings online.
PICK 3 drawings are held twice daily, seven days per week, at 1:30 p.m. and 9:45 p.m. ET. Tickets for each drawing may be purchased up to 11 minutes prior to the applicable drawing – 1:19 p.m. ET for the midday drawings and 9:34 p.m. ET for the evening drawings.
Please remember: All prizes must be claimed within 180 days of the applicable draw date.
Prizes of less than $600 may be claimed at any authorized Florida Lottery retailer.
If you claim a prize on a winning Advance Play ticket before all of the drawings on the ticket have occurred, you will be issued a continuation ticket for the remaining draws with the same play numbers and play types as the original ticket.
How to Play 1-Off ®
Ever feel like you’re close, but you’ve somehow missed the mark? With 1-OFF ® you can miss by one and still win a cash prize. That’s 26 more chances to win!
To play, simply pick up a PICK 3 playslip at an authorized Florida Lottery retailer.
Select your three numbers, or QP to let the terminal randomly pick some or all of your numbers.
Mark the 1-OFF ® box on the PICK 3 playslip.
Select the draw time: MID, EVE, or BOTH.
Once you give your completed playslip and payment to the retailer, you will receive a ticket printed with your 3-digit number and the 1-OFF numbers higher or lower than your 3-digit number.
During the PICK 3 drawing, 3 numbers will be drawn at random. If your 3-digit number is a Straight match to the numbers, you win $250. Or, if any of your 1-OFF numbers match the PICK 3 numbers drawn, you can win up to $10.
|PICK 3 ™ 1-OFF ®||ODDS||PAYOUT|
|1-OFF on one digit||1:166.67||$20|
|1-OFF on three digits||1:125||$10|
|1-OFF on two digits||1:83.33||$5|
Now you know how to play PICK 3 1-OFF!
Players who match all three of the winning numbers drawn in the official PICK 3™ drawing for the date played can win up to $500, depending on the play type purchased and the amount played. Front Pair or Back Pair players who match two numbers in exact order can win up to $50.
Odds of Winning and Estimated Prize Payouts
|Play Types||Example||Odds||Prize Payouts|
|STRAIGHT Match in exact order||50¢ Play||$1.00 Play|
|BOX Match in any order||50¢ Play||$1.00 Play|
|STRAIGHT/BOX Match in exact order or any order. Costs $1.||BOX||STRAIGHT*|
|3-WAY||112||1:1,000 & 1:333.33||$80||$330|
|6-WAY||123||1:1,000 & 1:166.67||$40||$290|
|1-OFF™ Match in exact order or off by one on any or all of your 3 digits in exact order.||$1.00 Play|
|1-OFF on one digit||124||1:166.67||$20|
|1-OFF on three digits||214||1:125||$10|
|1-OFF on two digits||134||1:83.33||$5|
|PAIRS Match two in exact order||50¢ Play||$1.00 Play|
|COMBO Covers all Straight combinations of a 3-digit number. Costs $1.50 to $6 depending on the numbers you select.||$250||$500|
|3-WAY||112||1:333.33||$1.50 Play||$3 Play|
|6-WAY||123||1:166.67||$3 Play||$6 Play|
|*Combined straight and box payouts|
|Numbers Selected Determine Ways to Win||Example||Example Winning Combinations|
|3-WAY: Select a 3-digit number with two like digits and get 3 ways to win.||112||112,121,211|
|6-WAY: Select a 3-digit number with all different digits and get 6 ways to win.||123||123,132,213,231,312,321|
|1-OFF: All possible combinations in which each of the three (3) digits either matches or is one (1) number higher or lower than each of the player’s three (3) digits in exact order. 26 ways to win.||123||012, 013, 014, 022, 023, 024, 032, 033, 034, 112, 113, 114, 122, 124, 132, 133, 134, 212, 213, 214, 222, 223, 224, 232, 233, 234|
Unlike the Lottery’s other Draw games, which are pari-mutuel in design (that is, players are vying for a portion of what is in the prize pool), PICK 2, PICK 3, PICK 4, and PICK 5 offer set prize payouts. Therefore, the Lottery has established a $8 million liability limit for PICK 3 for any particular three-digit number for each drawing. Should any three digit combination (for example 777) be purchased often enough in a single drawing that would result in the liability limit being exceeded, the Lottery will “cut off” further sales of that specific number combination. In addition, no Front Pair or Back Pair that involves the first two or last two digits, respectively, of the three-digit number will be allowed for that drawing. Players that have already played those numbers will still win the full amount of the set prize even if the liability limit has been met. For more details on this issue, please refer to the Pick 3 game rule, section (1)(i).
© 2021 Florida Lottery, All Rights Reserved.
Must be 18 or older to play.
How to Play It’s as easy as 1-2-3! Playing PICK 3™ is easy. It’s the game where you can play today and get paid today. You can win a top prize of $500 with a $1 Straight play, or increase
Never miss a Pick 3 draw!
Wed 01/13/2021 1:59 PM
Tue 1/12/2021 Winning Numbers
Odds of Winning: 1 in 1,000
Check my numbers
Are you holding on to a winning ticket? Here’s an easy way to find out.
enter your numbers
Generate Random Numbers
Generate random numbers with our interactive tool.
Scan to Enter
The Virginia Lottery app lets you scan your tickets to enter 2nd Chance promotions. Download the app, scan and watch for the drawings!
How to Play Pick 3
Pick 3 Prizes & Odds
Pick 3 Past Numbers
With two chances to win every day, multiple ways to play and a top prize of $500, it’s no wonder Pick 3 is so popular! Join in on the excitement!
And don’t forget Boost, a great add-on that gives you even more chances to win!
How to play Pick 3
Who doesn’t love options? You have them with Pick 3! Draws are in the afternoon and evening for double the opportunity to win up to $500. Choose the wager and play type to get started. Or select Boost for five extra sets of numbers. Click for a closer view of the playslip to learn more.
Here’s how to play Pick 3:
- Choose your play amount. You can play Pick 3 for $1 or 50¢.
- Choose your play type. You’ve got options, so see the Play Types section for detailed descriptions.
- Choose your draw. You can play a day draw, night draw or both!
- Choose your own numbers on a playslip. Pick a three-digit number from 000 through 999.
- Or use Easy Pick and let the computer choose for you.
- We draw winning numbers every day at 1:59 p.m. and 11 p.m.
One of the things that makes Pick 3 fun is that there are so many ways to play! Here they are.
- Exact order: Play it straight! Match all three digits in the same order as drawn.
- Any order: Give yourself options! Match all three of the digits drawn; the order doesn’t matter.
- 50/50: The best of both worlds — split a $1 play in half! Put 50¢ on exact order and 50¢ on any order.
- Combo: Cover all the bases! Play $1 exact order on every possible combination of a three-digit number.
- Pairs: Choose only two digits! Win with an exact order match regardless of what third digit is drawn.
Sometimes you need a little extra push to win big. Pick 3 with Boost is just what you need for more chances to win. Here’s how VA Lottery Pick 3 Boost works:
- Use a Pick 3 Boost playslip, or tell the clerk to add Boost to any Pick 3 play.
- For a $1 wager, the Boost costs $1; for a 50¢ wager, the Boost costs 50¢.
- Add Boost, and you will receive five extra sets of easy pick numbers.
- If one of your Boost sets is an exact match to the numbers drawn, you win $100 for a $1 play or $50 for a 50¢ play.
It’s impossible to get bored when you play Pick 3. Try these different play options to spice up your next game.
- Want to play the same numbers for more than one draw on a single ticket? Buy a Multi-Draw ticket to play 91 or fewer consecutive Pick 3 game draws on one ticket. Please keep in mind that the ticket price increases for each draw you add.
- Thinking ahead to a special date? You can buy a ticket for one future draw date. It’s called a Future draw. Mark the Optional Plays box on your playslip, and let the clerk know which future draw date you have in mind.
- Love those numbers so much you want them on more than one ticket? You can Repeat your play and have the same numbers printed on more than one ticket up to 20 times.
- the ticket price by the number of draws you choose.
Fourteen chances to win every week
Never miss a Pick 3 game again. You have 14 chances to win every week, so you don’t want to miss a game. Remember these quick facts.
- Pick 3 numbers are drawn twice a day, seven days a week.
- We have a little break between selling and drawing the numbers, so you can’t buy tickets starting at 1:53 p.m. for that day’s draw and again starting at 10:45 p.m. for that night’s draw — just something to keep in mind if you’re playing close to draw time.
Watch the draws!
You can watch the draws live twice a day at 1:59 p.m. and 11 p.m. by clicking the Winning Numbers tab at the top of the page or by visiting us on Facebook.com/valottery. You can even watch them later. Draws stay on our site!
Need more info? Here’s our official rules for Pick 3.
Lottery profits benefit public education
Since 1999, all Virginia Lottery profits have gone to K-12 public schools in Virginia. In Fiscal Year 2020, the Lottery generated more than $595 million for K-12 public schools in Virginia. Every time you play a Virginia Lottery game, you’re playing a role in helping kids have a brighter future.
Many prizes and ways to win
One of the best parts of a Pick 3 game is seeing what you can win. If you match all three numbers in exact order, you win $500. But there are loads of prizes for other play types. Match three digits in any order, and you get $160. Want to play a pair? Match only two digits, and you get $50 no matter what third number is drawn.
Check out this table to see exactly what you can win:
1 in 500
1 in 1,000
Note: All prizes based on a $1 play. 50¢ play wins ½ of the prize shown.
With two chances to win every day and a chance to win up to $500, it's no wonder Pick 3 is so popular. Play Pick 3!