Lottery Office Reopens After COVID-19 Precautionary Closing
The NC Education Lottery reopened its office Tuesday and said there were no confirmed cases of COVID-19 reported at the office.
Kimberly Johnson , Patch Staff
Posted Tue, Jul 28, 2020 at 12:13 p m ET
CHARLOTTE, NC — The Charlotte office and regional claim center for the North Carolina Education Lottery reopened Tuesday following a temporary shut down after two employees reported possible COVID-19 symptoms. As of Tuesday, no confirmed cases of COVID-19 had been reported, lottery officials said in a statement.
The claim center was open for about 90 minutes on July 24, from 9 a.m. until 10:30 a.m., before the abrupt closure.
“As a precaution, the lottery is notifying all those who presented claims during that time and encouraging anyone else who visited Friday morning to self-monitor for symptoms of COVID-19,” NCEL said in a July 24 statement.
The lottery office was also deep cleaned over the weekend, it said.
The lottery has numerous protocols in place meant to protect workers and the public, it said.
“All lottery employees working with the public wear masks and gloves at all times while at work. Claim centers employees are separated from visitors by a glass window, talk with visitors through a microphone, and accept and return tickets and claim forms through a small opening at the base on the window,” NCEL said.
All NCEL claim centers are cleaned daily following state and CDC guidelines, as well as requires visitors wear masks and socially distance.
Lottery Office Reopens After COVID-19 Precautionary Closing – Charlotte, NC – The NC Education Lottery reopened its office Tuesday and said there were no confirmed cases of COVID-19 reported at the office.