Mega Millions Drawing Detail
Friday, January 31, 2020 ◄ PrevNext ►
Jackpot Winners: None
Second Prize Winners: 1 from California, 1 from New Jersey, 1 from North Carolina, 1 from Texas (with Megaplier)
Jackpot Winners (All States)
|Match First 5
Match Mega Ball
|Prize Amount||Total Awarded|
|5 + 1 (Jackpot)||0||$155,000,000||$0|
All States Except CaliforniaAll available information and drawing video for the Mega Millions lottery drawing on Friday, January 31, 2020.
Mega Million results for 01/31/20; jackpot worth $155 million
(Courtesy Michigan Lottery)
LANSING, MI – A handful of players won at least $1 million, but there was no winner of the $155 million Mega Millions jackpot for the drawing held on Friday, Jan. 31.
That means the drawing on Tuesday, Feb. 4 will be worth $168 million with a cash option of $118.8 million.
The Mega Millions numbers for Jan. 31: 28-31-33-57-62
The Gold Mega Ball: 19
The Megaplier: 2
Mega Millions winners for Jan. 31:
· While there was no grand prize winner, four tickets sold matched all five white numbers drawn to win $1 million. Those tickets were sold in California, New Jersey, North Carolina and Texas.
· The player in Texas also played the Megaplier option which increased their winnings to $2 million.
· In Michigan, 17 tickets sold won $500. That was the largest prize won in the state.
· There were 248,948 tickets sold that won at least $4 in the drawing. In Michigan, 9,632 tickets sold won at least $4 in the drawing.
Mega Millions drawings are held Tuesday and Friday at 11 p.m. Five balls are drawn from a set of balls numbered 1 through 70; the Mega ball is drawn from a set of balls numbered 1 through 25. The odds of winning the jackpot is 1 in 302 million.
Mega Millions is played in 44 states, plus the District of Columbia and the Virgin Islands. Tickets cost $2 each.
In other Michigan Lottery news:
· The next Powerball drawing is Saturday night, Feb. 1 with an estimated jackpot of $40 million and a cash option of $27 million.
· The next Lotto 47 drawing is also Saturday night, Feb. 1 at 7:29 p.m. with a jackpot of $2.9 million. Deadline is 7:08 p.m. that day.
· Saturday’s Fantasy 5 jackpot is an estimated $100,000. The drawing is at 7:29 p.m. Deadline is 7:08 p.m.
For the latest on Michigan Lottery, check out the official Michigan Lottery site, which also offers more information on instant tickets, raffles and other lottery games.
The drawing comes during a string of big lottery wins in the state. Earlier this month, a Detroit woman claimed a $1 million Powerball prize after her mother pushed her into buying a ticket.
Last month, a Grand Rapids woman claimed a $5 million prize that she only realized she’d won by scrolling through Facebook. The week prior, a Washtenaw County man expected to only win $20 playing an instant game, but was shocked to learn he won $1 million.
The last players from Michigan to win a Mega Millions or Powerball jackpot were a couple from Suttons Bay who came forward to claim an $80 million Powerball win. That couple plans on using the money to support their family of seven kids and 21 grandkids.
And while they were lucky winners, it’s smart for players to check their tickets immediately as a winner worth $1 million sold in Hartland last year went unclaimed. The ticket was purchased at the Speedway in Hartland, but the winner never came forward to claim the prize. The money instead went to the state’s School Aid Fund.
If you’d like to be the next player from Michigan to win a huge lottery prize, take a look at these tips from lottery expert Richard Lustig. The author of “Learn How To Increase Your Chances Of Winning The Lottery” has won more than $1 million in Florida by winning top jackpot prizes in smaller games.
Note to readers: if you purchase something through one of our affiliate links we may earn a commission.
© 2021 Advance Local Media LLC. All rights reserved (About Us).
The material on this site may not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, cached or otherwise used, except with the prior written permission of Advance Local.
Community Rules apply to all content you upload or otherwise submit to this site.Mega Million results for 01/31/20; jackpot worth $155 million (Courtesy Michigan Lottery) LANSING, MI – A handful of players won at least $1 million, but there was no winner of the $155 ]]>