Mega Millions results for 07/24/18; 1 winner of $522M jackpot
Courtesy Michigan State Lottery
Story by Matt Durr
LANSING, MI – A lucky player in California was the lone winner of the $522 million Mega Millions jackpot for the drawing held on Tuesday, July 24.
That means the jackpot for Friday, July 27 will be worth $40 million with a cash option of $23 million.
The Mega Millions numbers for July 24: 1-2-4-19-29
The Gold Mega Ball: 20
The Megaplier: 3
Mega Millions winners for July 24:
- Along with the grand prize winner, eight players matched all five white numbers drawn to win $1 million. Those tickets were sold in Arizona, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, New Jersey and Texas with two winners each coming from Massachusetts and New Jersey
- One of the players in Massachusetts and the player from Texas also played the Megaplier option, which increased their winnings to $3 million.
- The $1 million winning ticket sold in Michigan was sold at the Dynasty Liquor, located at 8910 Puritan St. in Detroit.
- There were 1,373,627 tickets sold that won at least $4 in the drawing. In Michigan, 52,131 tickets sold won at least $4 in the drawing.
- In Michigan, the $1 million winner was the largest prize won in the state.
Mega Millions drawings are held Tuesday and Friday at 11 p.m. Five balls are drawn from a set of balls numbered 1 through 70; the Mega ball is drawn from a set of balls numbered 1 through 25. The odds of winning the jackpot is 1 in 302 million.
Mega Millions is played in 44 states, plus the District of Columbia and the Virgin Islands. Tickets cost $2 each.
In other Michigan Lottery news:Mega Millions results for 07/24/18; 1 winner of $522M jackpot Courtesy Michigan State Lottery Story by Matt Durr LANSING, MI – A lucky player in California was the lone winner of the
Mega Millions Numbers For 01/08/21, Friday Jackpot was $520 Million
The Mega Millions jackpot for 01/08/21 was $520 million, and here are the winning numbers from Friday night’s drawing.
- First Five: 03-06-16-18-58
- Mega Ball: 11
- Megaplier: 2x
Friday night’s 01/08/21 jackpot is worth $520 million, with a cash-value option of $383.4 million. The total jackpot could increase depending on the number of tickets sold around the country prior to the drawing. It’s the 8th-largest jackpot in Mega Millions history.
The winning numbers on Tuesday (01/05/21) for the $432 million jackpot were: 20-43-51-55-57 with a Mega Ball of 04. The Megaplier was 2x.
There was no grand prize winner from Tuesday’s drawing, but there were four tickets sold that matched the first five white balls, and minus the gold Mega Ball, for the game’s second prize. Three of those tickets—one sold each in California, Minnesota and New Jersey—are worth $1 million. The other ticket, sold in New York state, is worth $2 million since they paid an extra $1 for the Megaplier.
There were 51 tickets sold nationwide on Tuesday that matched four of the five white balls and the Mega Ball for the $10,000 third prize. Eight of those purchased the Megaplier for an extra $1, which made their third-prize winnings worth $20,000.
The last grand prize jackpot winner was from a ticket sold in Wisconsin on 09/15/20 for a jackpot worth $119 million. It was only the fifth, and final, Mega Millions jackpot won in the 2020 calendar year.
Here are the five Mega Millions jackpots won in 2020:
$119 million — September 15 in Wisconsin
$22 million — July 31 in California
$124 million — July 24 in New Jersey
$410 million — June 9 in Arizona
$202 million — February 11 in New Jersey
Other winners—dating back to 2019—were a $372 million ticket sold in Ohio and a $227 million ticket that was sold on 09/24/19 in the city of Cedar Park, Texas—a suburb north of Austin.
Mega Millions is a multi-state lottery every Tuesday and Friday night, and it is one of America’s two biggest lottery jackpot games. Mega Millions jackpots start at $20 million, and other prizes pay from $1 million to $2 million or more with a Megaplier. Tickets are $2 per line, and odds of winning with a $2 Mega Millions ticket are one in 303 million. For more information on Mega Millions, or to check your past numbers, visit its website.
Powerball is the other multi-state lottery, and it also starts at $20 million. Its drawings take place shortly after 11 p.m. ET on Wednesday and Saturday nights. Here is the Powerball website for more information, or to check past winning numbers.
- Mega Millions Numbers For 01/01/21, Friday Jackpot was $401 Million
- Mega Millions Numbers For 01/05/21, Tuesday Jackpot was Worth $447 Million
- Mega Millions Numbers For 12/29/20, Tuesday Jackpot was $376 Million
Here are the top 10 Mega Millions Jackpots to date:
- $1.537 billion 10/23/2018 1-SC
- $656 million 3/30/2012 3-IL, 1-KS, 1-MD
- $648 million 12/17/2013 2-CA, 1-GA
- $543 million 7/24/2018 1-CA
- $536 million 7/8/2016 1-IN
- $533 million 3/30/2018 1-NJ
- $522 million 6/07/2019 1-CA
- $451 million 1/5/2018 1-FL
- $414 million 3/18/2014 2-FL, 1-MD
- $410 million 4/09/2020 1-AZ