The Maine State Lottery offers fun and exciting lottery draw games including Tri-State Megabucks, Powerball, Mega Millions, Lucky for Life, World Poker Tour, Tri-State Pick 3 and Pick 4 and Tri-State Gimme5 as well as an extensive array of instant scratch lottery tickets.
The Maine State Lottery was established in 1974 by Maine voters in a statewide referendum. Each year, millions of dollars are returned to players in prizes; Maine’s local businesses of all sizes receive millions of dollars in commissions and bonuses for selling lottery products. Over the last 5 years, the Maine State Lottery has transferred an average of $56 million annually to the programs and services supported by the State’s General Fund. In addition, the Lottery has transferred an average of $579,000 to Maine’s Outdoor Heritage Fund to support wildlife and conservation efforts.
Maine State Lottery – Amber Alert Program
The Maine State Lottery is now participating in the AMBER Alert program. The AMBER Alert is a Child Abduction Recovery Program. The goal of the program is to instantly notify the entire state, so that everyone may assist in the search and safe return of an abducted child. The State Emergency Alert System (EAS) will broadcast information in partnership with Maine’s Law Enforcement Agencies, Broadcast Radio and TV Stations, Cable Systems and now the Maine State Lottery with the assistance of over 1,400 retailers.
During an AMBER Alert:
- The Maine Lottery will send an immediate terminal message to over 1,400 Lottery retailers statewide.
- Retailers will be able to print and post copies of the Alert message in their store.
- The Alert message will be re-broadcast to retailers every hour.
- An Alert Cancellation notice will be broadcast to retailers when the Amber Alert is no longer in effect.
- The Alert information will also be displayed on Electronic Lottery Advertising Display Units statewide.
Contact the Bureau
Bureau of Alcoholic Beverages & Lottery Operations
8 State House Station
Augusta, ME 04333-0008
Mega Millions® with Megaplier®
Bigger and Faster Growing Jackpots!
$1,000,000 Second Prize!
- Jackpots start at $20,000,000
- Match 5 Prize $1,000,000!
- Megaplier option means you can multiply your non-jackpot prizes 2, 3, 4, or 5 times!
- Drawings every Tuesday and Friday
How to Increase Your Winnings – Add Megaplier
For an extra $1 per play, you can multiply your non-jackpot winnings by 2, 3, 4, or 5 times! The second prize level (Match 5) is $1,000,000 plus with the Megaplier option, you can win up to $5,000,000! So mark the Megaplier box on your play slip or ask the retail agent to add the Megaplier option.
Ticket Sales and Draw Time
Mega Millions tickets can be purchased daily. The cut off time for ticket sales is 9:50 PM ET on the day of the draw. Drawings are held every Tuesday and Friday at 11:00 PM ET. You can go to www.megamillions.com to view the webcast of the official drawing.
Mega Millions tickets CANNOT be canceled.
How to Win!
Match your numbers to those drawn by the Lottery to win cash prizes! Win by having any one of these nine combinations.
- Overall odds of winning a prize are 1 in 24.
- Megaplier option (extra $1 per play) multiples non- jackpot prizes 2, 3, 4, or 5 times.
- If there are multiple jackpot winners for a drawing, the jackpot prize will be divided equally among jackpot winners.
The information contained on this page is for informational purposes only. All information is entered manually and is subject to error. The Maine State Lottery makes every effort to ensure the accuracy of this information but is not responsible for any errors contained on this page. In case of a discrepancy between the winning numbers listed on this page and the official winning numbers, the official results shall prevail. A winning ticket must be validated on the Maine State Lottery’s gaming system for final winner verification. Complete Mega Millions game information and prize claiming instructions are available from any Maine Lottery retail agent or by email at [email protected]
Mega MillionsВ® is a registered trademark of the Illinois Lottery and MegaplierВ® is a registered trademark of the Texas Lottery.Mega Millions® with Megaplier® Bigger and Faster Growing Jackpots! $1,000,000 Second Prize! Jackpots start at $20,000,000 Match 5 Prize $1,000,000! Megaplier option means you ]]>