Kansas Lottery Numbers
Look up all the latest Kansas Lottery numbers here on this page by clicking on a quick link. You’ll have the winning numbers from games like Super Kansas Cash and 2by2 in a matter of seconds!
Current lottery games include: Powerball – Mega Millions – Kansas Super Cash – Lotto America – Pick 3 – 2by2 – Lucky for Life
– Latest Kansas Numbers
Tickets for in-state games like Kansas Cash currently are not available outside the USA, but lottery fans around the world can take part in Powerball, Lotto America and Mega Millions. Find out more about playing online.
Kansas Lottery Drawing Schedule
Get details of the drawing days and ticket sales cutoff times in KS so you never miss out on a chance to win big:
|Game||Draw Days||Draw Times*||Ticket Sales Close At*|
|Powerball||Wednesday & Saturday||9:59 PM||8:59 PM|
|Mega Millions||Tuesday & Friday||10:00 PM||8:59 PM|
|Lucky for Life||Monday & Thursday||9:38 PM||7:59 PM|
|Lotto America||Wednesday & Saturday||10:00 PM||8:59 PM|
|2by2||Daily||9:30 PM||8:59 PM|
|Super Kansas Cash||Monday, Wednesday & Saturday||9:10 PM||8:59 PM|
|Pick 3||Daily||1:10 PM & 9:10 PM||12:59 PM & 8:59 PM|
|*Times are shown in CT.|
Kansas Lottery players can buy tickets for Powerball, Mega Millions and 2by2, but they can also take part in Kansas-only games that offer big prizes.
Super Kansas Cash
Kansas Cash is a draw game that offers a starting jackpot of $100,000! Drawings are held every Monday, Wednesday and Saturday at 9:10 PM. At a minimum, players pay $1 for two boards on a ticket and can play six boards for $3. They then choose five numbers from 1 to 32 and one number from 1 to 25 in a separate box. A Quick Pick option is available for those who want to randomly generate their numbers. To win the jackpot, players must match all five main numbers drawn as well as the bonus number. Here’s a breakdown:
|Match 5 + Bonus Number||Jackpot||1 in 2,517,200|
|Match 5||$2,000 (may become pari-mutuel)||1 in 104,883|
|Match 4 + Bonus Number||$250||1 in 18,646|
|Match 4||$25||1 in 777|
|Match 3 + Bonus Number||$25||1 in 717|
|Match 3||$2||1 in 30|
|Match 2 + Bonus Number||$2||1 in 86|
|Match 1 + Bonus Number||$1||1 in 29|
|Odds of winning any prize are 1 in 12|
The Kansas Lottery also offers two kinds of exciting instant win games – pull tab games and instant scratch games. With pull-tab games, all you have to do is pull open the tab on the ticket to see if you’ve matched three symbols in a window to win a prize. These games offer prizes of up to $2,500 that can be won right on the spot! Instant scratch games cost between $1 and $20 and can offer prizes of up to $100,000. All you have to do is scratch off the coating to see if you’re a winner. Both pull tab and instant scratch games are available for purchase from authorized Kansas Lottery retailers.
Claiming Kansas Lottery Prizes
Due to the Coronavirus outbreak, there have been some changes in the way you claim prizes in Kansas. You can find updates on our dedicated Coronavirus Lottery Updates page.
Winning tickets of any amount may be claimed by mail – see below for details. If you’ve won $599 or less, you can also redeem your Kansas Lottery prize at an authorized retailer or from the Lottery office in Topeka. For prize claims of $50 or more in person at a Lottery office or by mail, a completed claim form is required.
Prizes worth $600 or more must be claimed at the Topeka headquarters by mail or in person. You’ll need to bring your signed winning ticket, claim form, and proof of identity.
Remember that you have up to 365 days from the date of a drawing to claim a prize for games like Powerball, Mega Millions or Super Kansas Cash. You have 180 days from the date of closure for an instant game to claim any prize you may have won. Any prize money left unclaimed after this time will stay in the prize fund and be used to increase the value of prizes in future games. It cannot be used for any other purpose.
Federal withholding taxes of 25 percent and Kansas state taxes of five percent are withheld on all prizes worth more than $5,000.
For prizes of $5,001 and above, winners may request an electronic direct deposit into their bank account. Call the Lottery’s Finance Department at 785-296-5734 to request a form. A voided check is also required.
If you have a question for the Lottery, you can email [email protected]
Claim a prize by mail
To redeem a prize of any amount by mail, sign and complete your ticket and claim form, and mail them to:
Kansas Lottery Claims
128 N. Kansas Ave
Topeka, KS 66603
Please allow at least 7-10 days for processing.
History of the Kansas Lottery
The Kansas Lottery is one of the original members of the Multi-State Lottery Association and has quite a rich history behind it. From big payouts to players to big transfers to the state of Kansas, this lottery knows how to do things right.
Thanks to the overwhelming support of Kansas voters, the Kansas Lottery was established on November 11th, 1986. In September 1987, Kansas joined five other states and one U.S. jurisdiction to create the Multi-State Lottery Association (MUSL). Kansas Lottery ticket sales began a year later on November 12th, 1987, and the instant game Up and Away generated sales of $7 million in its first week. Sales of Lotto*America tickets began in 1988 and Powerball tickets went on sale in April 1992.
Super Kansas Cash was launched in 2002 as a revised version of the original Kansas Cash game. The Kansas Lottery began selling Mega Millions tickets in January 2010. Today, almost $1.5 billion in revenue has been allocated to the State Gaming Revenues Fund, which distributes lottery proceeds to a number of different economic initiatives.
Want to play Kansas Lottery games? That’s great – but you need to be at least 18 years old.
Check the Kansas Lottery numbers and prize payout information for Powerball, Mega Millions and Super Kansas Cash. Are you a KS Lottery winner?
Other State Resources
How Do I…
- you are here:
- Home »
- Statute »
- Chapter 74 »
- Article 87 »
- Section 10 »
74-8710. Rules and regulations; Kansas lottery act; Kansas expanded lottery act; approval of new games; keno. (a) The commission, upon the recommendation of the executive director, shall adopt rules and regulations governing the establishment and operation of a state lottery, sales of lottery tickets and the operation of lottery gaming facilities and racetrack gaming facilities as necessary to carry out the purposes of the Kansas lottery act and the Kansas expanded lottery act. Temporary rules and regulations may be adopted by the commission without being subject to the provisions and requirements of K.S.A. 77-415 through 77-438, and amendments thereto, but shall be subject to approval by the attorney general as to legality and shall be filed with the secretary of state and published in the Kansas register. Temporary and permanent rules and regulations may include, but shall not be limited to:
(1) Subject to the provisions of subsection (c), the types of lottery games to be conducted, including, but not limited to, instant lottery, on-line, traditional games, lottery facility games and electronic gaming machine games but not including games on video lottery machines or lottery machines.
(2) The manner of selecting the winning tickets or shares, except that, if a lottery game utilizes a drawing of winning numbers, a drawing among entries or a drawing among finalists, such drawings shall always be open to the public and shall be recorded on both video and audio tape.
(3) The manner of payment of prizes to the holders of winning tickets or shares.
(4) The frequency of the drawings or selections of winning tickets or shares.
(5) The type or types of locations at which tickets or shares may be sold.
(6) The method or methods to be used in selling tickets or shares.
(7) Additional qualifications for the selection of lottery retailers and the amount of application fees to be paid by each.
(8) The amount and method of compensation to be paid to lottery retailers, including special bonuses and incentives.
(9) Deadlines for claims for prizes by winners of each lottery game.
(10) Provisions for confidentiality of information submitted by vendors pursuant to K.S.A. 74-8705, and amendments thereto.
(11) Information required to be submitted by vendors, in addition to that required by K.S.A. 74-8705, and amendments thereto.
(12) The major procurement contracts or portions thereof to be awarded to minority business enterprises pursuant to subsection (a) of K.S.A. 74-8705, and amendments thereto, and procedures for the award thereof.
(13) Rules and regulations to implement, administer and enforce the provisions of the Kansas expanded lottery act. Such rules and regulations shall include, but not be limited to, rules and regulations which govern management contracts and which are designed to (A) ensure the integrity of electronic gaming machines and other lottery facility games and the finances of lottery gaming facilities and racetrack gaming facilities and (B) alleviate problem gambling, including a requirement that each lottery gaming facility and each racetrack gaming facility maintain a self-exclusion list by which individuals may exclude themselves from access to electronic gaming machines and other lottery facility games.
(14) The types of electronic gaming machines, lottery facility games and electronic gaming machine games to be operated pursuant to the Kansas expanded lottery act.
(b) No new lottery game shall commence operation after the effective date of this act unless first approved by the governor or, in the governor’s absence or disability, the lieutenant governor. This subsection shall not be construed to require approval of games played on an electronic gaming machine.
(c) The lottery shall adopt rules and regulations concerning the game of keno. Such rules and regulations shall require that the amount of time which elapses between the start of games shall not be less than four minutes.
History: L. 1987, ch. 292, § 10; L. 1988, ch. 366, § 23; L. 1992, ch. 299, § 3; L. 1995, ch. 261, § 1; L. 2001, ch. 24, § 6; L. 2007, ch. 110, § 44; Apr. 19.
Legislative Resources Other State Resources How Do I… you are here: Home » Statute » Chapter 74 » Article 87 » Section 10 » 74-8710. Rules and