Kansas (KS) Lottery – Search Past Winning Numbers & Results
Kansas (KS) Lottery General Information
In November of 1986, 64 percent of Kansas voters approved a constitutional amendment authorizing the creation of a state lottery. The Kansas Legislature passed the “Kansas Lottery Act” in 1987, and the Kansas Lottery was established. The mission of the Kansas Lottery is to produce the maximum amount of revenue possible for the State of Kansas while insuring the integrity of all games.
The Kansas Lottery sells $1, $2, $5 and $10 scratch tickets and $1 and $2 instant pull tab games. It also offers eScratch, a type of instant ticket in which winnings are revealed while playing interactive Internet games. In addition, Kansas Lottery players enjoy Powerball, Super Kansas Cash, Pick 3, 2by2 and Keno lotto games. Kansas Lottery products are sold at approximately 1,900 retail locations.
Nov. 11, 1986 – 64 percent of voters say “yes” to the establishment of a state lottery in Kansas.
Nov. 12, 1987 – Ticket sales begin statewide with kick-off events held in 21 cities. Sales of the first instant game, Up and Away, were $7 million the first week.
Kansas (KS) lottery results & winning numbers, as well as information on all Kansas lottery games, including Powerball, MEGA Millions, Lotto America, Lucky For Life
Other State Resources
How Do I…
- you are here:
- Home »
- Statute »
- Chapter 74 »
- Article 87 »
- Section 10 »
74-8710. Rules and regulations; Kansas lottery act; Kansas expanded lottery act; approval of new games; keno. (a) The commission, upon the recommendation of the executive director, shall adopt rules and regulations governing the establishment and operation of a state lottery, sales of lottery tickets and the operation of lottery gaming facilities and racetrack gaming facilities as necessary to carry out the purposes of the Kansas lottery act and the Kansas expanded lottery act. Temporary rules and regulations may be adopted by the commission without being subject to the provisions and requirements of K.S.A. 77-415 through 77-438, and amendments thereto, but shall be subject to approval by the attorney general as to legality and shall be filed with the secretary of state and published in the Kansas register. Temporary and permanent rules and regulations may include, but shall not be limited to:
(1) Subject to the provisions of subsection (c), the types of lottery games to be conducted, including, but not limited to, instant lottery, on-line, traditional games, lottery facility games and electronic gaming machine games but not including games on video lottery machines or lottery machines.
(2) The manner of selecting the winning tickets or shares, except that, if a lottery game utilizes a drawing of winning numbers, a drawing among entries or a drawing among finalists, such drawings shall always be open to the public and shall be recorded on both video and audio tape.
(3) The manner of payment of prizes to the holders of winning tickets or shares.
(4) The frequency of the drawings or selections of winning tickets or shares.
(5) The type or types of locations at which tickets or shares may be sold.
(6) The method or methods to be used in selling tickets or shares.
(7) Additional qualifications for the selection of lottery retailers and the amount of application fees to be paid by each.
(8) The amount and method of compensation to be paid to lottery retailers, including special bonuses and incentives.
(9) Deadlines for claims for prizes by winners of each lottery game.
(10) Provisions for confidentiality of information submitted by vendors pursuant to K.S.A. 74-8705, and amendments thereto.
(11) Information required to be submitted by vendors, in addition to that required by K.S.A. 74-8705, and amendments thereto.
(12) The major procurement contracts or portions thereof to be awarded to minority business enterprises pursuant to subsection (a) of K.S.A. 74-8705, and amendments thereto, and procedures for the award thereof.
(13) Rules and regulations to implement, administer and enforce the provisions of the Kansas expanded lottery act. Such rules and regulations shall include, but not be limited to, rules and regulations which govern management contracts and which are designed to (A) ensure the integrity of electronic gaming machines and other lottery facility games and the finances of lottery gaming facilities and racetrack gaming facilities and (B) alleviate problem gambling, including a requirement that each lottery gaming facility and each racetrack gaming facility maintain a self-exclusion list by which individuals may exclude themselves from access to electronic gaming machines and other lottery facility games.
(14) The types of electronic gaming machines, lottery facility games and electronic gaming machine games to be operated pursuant to the Kansas expanded lottery act.
(b) No new lottery game shall commence operation after the effective date of this act unless first approved by the governor or, in the governor’s absence or disability, the lieutenant governor. This subsection shall not be construed to require approval of games played on an electronic gaming machine.
(c) The lottery shall adopt rules and regulations concerning the game of keno. Such rules and regulations shall require that the amount of time which elapses between the start of games shall not be less than four minutes.
History: L. 1987, ch. 292, § 10; L. 1988, ch. 366, § 23; L. 1992, ch. 299, § 3; L. 1995, ch. 261, § 1; L. 2001, ch. 24, § 6; L. 2007, ch. 110, § 44; Apr. 19.
Legislative Resources Other State Resources How Do I… you are here: Home » Statute » Chapter 74 » Article 87 » Section 10 » 74-8710. Rules and