Denali National Park – Road Lottery
Denali National Park and Preserve is six million acres of wild land, bisected by one ribbon of road. Travelers along it see the relatively low-elevation taiga forest give way to high alpine tundra and snowy mountains, culminating in North America’s tallest peak, Denali, standing at 20,310 feet. Wild animals, large and small, roam unfenced lands, living as they have for ages. Solitude, tranquility, and wilderness await.
The vast and expansive landscape that surrounds the Denali Park Road includes not only breathtaking scenery but opportunities for wildlife viewing, hiking, camping, and much more. Visitors are invited to explore theВ park’s websiteВ for activities and additional information related to the fall Road Lottery.
Camping and overnight sleeping while on the Denali Park Road is allowed only in designated campgrounds that are open. These may include: Riley Creek, Savage River, and Teklanika Campgrounds.
Wildlife viewing along the Denali Park Road can never be guaranteed. Some of the most iconic large mammals, such as grizzly and black bears, wolves, caribou, moose and Dall sheep, can be seen by lucky visitors. Small mammals, such as arctic ground squirrels, red squirrels, foxes and marmots, are seen more often in this wild environment.
Permit & Season Information
Each September the park hosts a four-day event called the Denali “Road Lottery.” During these four days, winners of a lottery drawing are given a chance to purchase a single, day-long permit, allowing them to drive as much of the Denali Park Road as weather allows. In years with early snow, the Park Road might open no farther than Savage River (Mile 15); in milder years, lottery winners are able to enjoy a trip out to the end of the park road (Mile 92).В
The dates offered in the Road Lottery vary each year. Generally, the event usually begins the second Friday after Labor Day.В
Applicants must apply for the lottery, open June 1 – June 30, to have a chance to drive the road in September.Explore Denali National Park – Road Lottery in Denali National Park & Preserve, Alaska with Recreation.gov. Natural Features: Denali National Park and Preserve is six million acres of wild land, bisected by one ribbon of road. Travelers along it see the relatively
To play simply PURCHASE TICKETS. You can purchase tickets at any of the Lottery’s LOCATIONS through out the state or online HERE. Then check to see if any of your numbers match the winning number drawn every Sunday at 6pm. If you have a matching number congratulations you are that weeks winner and have just won 20% of that weeks sales. You now need to contact the lottery office at 907-479-5821 within 24 hours of that Sunday’s drawing (Monday at 6pm) you will then get to choose a window from the Chase the Ace board. If the Ace of Spades is behind your window you win the current JACKPOT which is guaranteed to be at least $10,000 along with your weekly cash prize. If you do not claim your prize within 24 hours you still can claim your weekly cash prize, but do not get a chance to pick a window from the Chase the Ace board. You have until the following Sunday until 4pm to claim your weekly cash prize at which time the unclaimed weekly cash prize is added to the Jackpot
Chase The Ace is a lottery run for the benefit of local nonprofit organizations The ticket sales are divided between cash prizes and the organization.
20% to weekly prize.
30% to Jackpot.
50% to nonprofit / expense.
Jackpot guaranteed to be $10,000 minimum.
Chase the Ace
Please read these rules before entering the charity lottery operated by Emerald Isle. By purchasing a ticket, you represent that you meet all the below stated requirements and agreed to be bound by the official rules and by the decision of the licensed operator Emerald Isle (the sponsor), or the permitted non-profit organizations or their representatives.
- The Emerald Isle Chase the Ace Lottery is a fundraiser for a contracted nonprofit or multiple nonprofits under the state of Alaska operator license 070
- Proceeds from lottery ticket sales (the Pot) shall be dispensed each week as follows:
- 20% to weekly prize.
- 30% to Jackpot.
- 50% to nonprofit / expense.
- Jackpot guaranteed to be $10,000 minimum.
- Chase the Ace lottery tickets will be sold at all State of Alaska licensed locations.
- Tickets will be sold at a cost of $2 each, ten tickets for $10.00, 25 tickets for $20.00, 75 tickets for $50.00, 200 tickets for $100.00
- All numbered chances will have matching stubs. Any number of tickets may be purchased, but are only valid for the weekly draw they were purchased for. All sold ticket stubs will be saved, dated and stored separately for the period of time required By State Statutes or Regulations.
- The draw for the weekly winning ticket will take place between 6 PM and 7 PM every Sunday. The location of the draw will be 721 Gaffney Rd., Fairbanks, AK 99701.
- Tickets purchased for the previous week’s draw are not carried forward. Only tickets sold in the previous seven days are eligible for that week’s draw including the jackpot. Each participant is responsible for checking their purchased tickets at the time of purchase to assure tickets have been properly printed and are legible.
- The draw will be held under the supervision of the draw supervisor. The designated draw supervisor (to be noted each draw day) is not permitted to purchase tickets for that draw. Employees of the operator, members of the permittee, staff, Board of Directors, all volunteers and immediate family are allowed to purchase tickets but are not permitted to participate as draw supervisor for that week’s draw. If one of that days workers/volunteers at the drawing location has their ticket number drawn, that ticket will be discarded and a new ticket will be drawn.
- The draw procedure will be visible for participants to see.
- Each Sunday, one winning ticket will be drawn at random from that week’s sales. The holder of the winning ticket will win 20% of that week’s lottery sales. Winner need not be present to win but are required to claim their prize prior to the next drawing by contacting Emerald Isle in Washington plaza 3431 Airport Way Fairbanks AK 99709 PHONE (907)479-5821. If the prize is not claimed by the following draw that ticket will be declared null and void and the holder of that ticket will lose any right to any possible weekly winnings. The unclaimed weekly prize will be added to the jackpot amount.
- If the holder of that week’s winning ticket comes forward and claims there prize by 6pm Monday following the draw they will be allowed one chance at the Chase the Ace Jackpot. They will be allowed to pick a number from 1 to 54 of the remaining windows on the Chase the Ace board. This opportunity is only available to the ticket holder until 6PM the Monday following the draw.
- If the numbered window chosen is the Ace of Spades that ticket holder will win the jackpot. If not the window will remain open and be removed from play and the jackpot will then be held over to the next draw.
- Once the Ace of Spades is revealed the game is concluded. This may happen the first draw or any draw thereafter. Once this round is concluded ticket sales will immediately begin for a new round with the new jackpot of a guaranteed $10,000 at the start.
- Please note, if you are allowing people to purchase tickets on your behalf, all prize money including the jackpot, will only be paid out to the ticket holder.
- All winning amounts will be paid to the ticket holder by check within three business days.
- Emerald Isle and the permitted permittees are not responsible for any disputes arising among different individuals participating in a group purchase.
- Claiming the prize : to claim a prize the holder of the randomly selected winning lottery ticket number must contact the sponsor and present the winning lottery ticket within the allotted time of the applicable drawing at the Emerald Isle pulltabs main office at 3431 Airport Way, Fairbanks, AK 99709 during normal business hours prior to the deadline. Each prize claimant must provide the sponsor with all information required to claim the prize including tax identification information. The prize claimant will be required to execute an affidavit of eligibility and liabilities/publicity release in the form approved by the sponsor prior to the receipt of the prize. In the event that a prize claimant either: (a) does not notify those sponsor within the required time limits of the drawing; (b) is ruled ineligible for any reason; (c) refuses the prize; or (d) does not return an executed affidavit, then, in each event, the prize will be forfeited. Sponsor has no obligation and is not in a position to contact holders of potential winning ticket numbers. All prizes will be paid out to prize contestant by check within three business days of the prize claimant delivering the winning lottery ticket, executed affidavit, and all other required documents submitted to the sponsor. A minimum of two pieces of accepted identification are required. For security and safety reasons, no cash payments will be made to the prize contestant. Unclaimed winnings will be retained by the sponsor and applied to current or future lotteries. If you need more information, please call 907-388-1616
In the event of a natural disaster. pandemic, or other event causes 50% or more of the lottery locations to be closed the current game will be suspended. The lottery will continue to sale lottery tickets at the open locations with the sales revenues being dispersed as follows:
50% to the weekly drawing winner
20% to nonprofit and overhead
30% to the suspended game Jackpot
The weekly winner during a suspended game will not win a chance to pick a window on the chase the ace board as such can not win the jackpot.
The weekly winner will have until the friday following drawing to claim their cash prize of 50% of that weeks sales.
In the event that the weekly cash prize is not claimed it will be added to the following weeks prize, unless the suspended game resumes the following week in which case the unclaimed weekly prize will be added to the suspended games jackpot.Winner IE-1277432 PURCHASE TICKETS To play simply PURCHASE TICKETS. You can purchase tickets at any of the Lottery’s LOCATIONS through out the state or online HERE. Then check to see if any ]]>