How to Beat Granny
Last Updated: December 29, 2020 References
This article was written by Travis Boylls. Travis Boylls is a Technology Writer and Editor for wikiHow. Travis has experience writing technology-related articles, providing software customer service, and in graphic design. He specializes in Windows, macOS, Android, iOS, and Linux platforms. He studied graphic design at Pikes Peak Community College.
This article has been viewed 9,792 times.
The popular horror-survival game Granny is also one of the most difficult games to beat. The goal of the game is to escape the house alive. To do this, you will need to unlock all the locks on the front door and escape. While you are trying to escape, Granny will be looking for you and listening for any sound you make. If she catches you, she will attack you and you will start a new day in the bedroom on the top floor. You only have 5 days to escape. This wikiHow teaches you how to find all the items you need to beat Granny. Note: Items you need are placed randomly throughout the house. There is no way to know where any item is located when you start a new game. You have to search the house to find them. You may not be able to find the items in the same order they are listed here.The popular horror-survival game Granny is also one of the most difficult games to beat. The goal of the game is to escape the house alive. To do this, you will need to unlock all the locks on the front door and escape. While you are…
How to Beat Granny on iOS, Android Game, Get Out of the House, Find Master Key, Escape on Easy Mode
We’ve got all the info you need to escape Granny on iOS and Android. Use or Granny Guide to survive.
Guide by Jake Green, Guides Editor
Updated on 24 July 2018
Granny is the hit escape the room/horror game that tasks players with escaping the house of a murderous Granny. There are items to find, riddles to solve and a whole lot of sneaking around to do. We’ve put together a guide to get you through any tough spots you might encounter while playing the game. This’ll include where to find keys, items, and more. Use our guide and you’ll find out how to beat Granny.
In order to successfully escape Granny, a core list of requirements must be met. Other than that, there are a few ways that you can go about completing the game. We’ll try to cover all bases, but will be giving a more general sure-fire strategy to use. Once you’ve got that nailed down, feel free to experiment to your heart’s content.
Granny Tips – How to Beat the Game
You’ll start every game of Granny by waking up on the floor of her house. The ultimate goal is to disable the alarm and then unbolt the front door, though there are multiple obstacles in your way initially. You can pick up certain items that you find around the house, 13 of which you will need to complete the game. Here’s a list of all of the items you’ll need to beat Granny:
- Padlock Key (Blue)
- Cog Wheel
- Cutting Pliers
- Winch Handle
- Playhouse Key
- Master Key (Red)
- Alarm Code
- Safe Key (Gold)
- Weapons Key (Wooden)
- Car Key (Yellow)
The main problem you’ll face, is that each item is placed in a different position each game you play, so there’s no way of knowing exactly where one will be. It’s a case of moving room to room, opening drawers and doors to find all of the items listed above.
Granny – How to Find Playhouse Key, Where is the Master Key, Tools, Items Locations
As we mentioned before, there’s no way of telling where a given item will be each time you play. There are however, a few locations you should always check, as more often than not, they contain the items you need. We’ve listed them below:
- Safe – You’ll need the Safe Key to open it, but the Safe in the Basement usually holds a useful item
- Playhouse Machine – When you find the Cog Wheel item, head to Granny’s Yard and use it on the Playhouse Machine. You’ll unlock a secret compartment holding an item.
- Jail Cell Fan – While exploring, you’ll come across a jail Cell attached to the Sewing Room. There’s a fan beside a rocking chair in this room, which you can disable using wire cutters. There’s often an item hidden in the fan,
- Car Trunk – Once you’ve found a car key, head to the Garage below Granny’s Basement. Open the trunk of the car housed within, and you’ll find an item.
- Basement Stairs – Use a Screwdriver to open the metal compartment underneath the Basement Stairs. There’s usually an item hidden there.
Where is the Garage in Granny?
The Garage is a new area recently added to Granny. It hold the car and Shotgun Mold so is very important if you want to complete the game as quickly as possible. Here’s how to find the Garage in Granny:
- Head down to the Basement
- Make your way to the main staircase
- Look for some wooden barrels
- There will be a hidden, narrow hallway leading behind the stairs
- Head down the hallway and locate a staircase
- Take the stairs down to the Garage
Granny – Where is the Shotgun
The Shotgun is incredibly useful in Granny. It can be used to defend yourself, or to blast down items, like the Screwdriver, from afar. You’ll need to collect all of the Shotgun pieces, then take them down to the Garage. There is a mould down there which you can use to build a Shotgun.
Granny Strategy – How to Beat Granny
Once you have all of the items needed to escape, you’ll want to use them in the following order. Here’s how to beat Granny once you have all of the core items:
- Use the Cutting Pliers to disable the door alarm, both lights will turn green.
- Then use them to cut the circuit box in the Basement. Use them a third time to cut the fan wires.
- Use the Blue Padlock Key on the front door
- Use the Hammer to break the wooden barricade on the bottom of the front door
- Use the Cog Wheel on the Playhouse Machine described earlier
- Use the Winch Handle to raise the bucket in Granny’s Well, you’ll find a key
- You’ll need to find the Alarm Code next, written on a small yellow piece of paper
- Enter the code to unlock another lock on the front door
- Find a Melon and cut it open using the Guillotine in Granny’s Yard
- Collect the Screwdriver from from the shelf in the Front Hall (It’s always found here)
- You’ll need to use the Shotgun to shoot the screwdriver down from the shelf
- Use screwdriver on Basement Stairs
- Unlock the Basement Safe using the Safe Key
- You’ll need the Red Master Key to unlock the final lock and escape
Granny Tips and Tricks
Now that you know the steps you need to take to escape Granny, here are some general tips to help you stay alive long enough to do so:
- If you drop an item, it’ll remain where you left it
- Be aware though, that dropping items creates noise, which will attract Granny
- Only pick up an item you are going to use immediately
- If you get trapped in the Garage by Granny, hide in the car
- Use your headphones, you’ll be able to track Granny more clearly
- You can briefly stun Granny with the Shotgun, and Tranquilizer
That’s everything you’ll need to escape Granny’s house alive. We’ll update this guide as more items and rooms are added to the game, but for now at least, it should help you beat the game.
Jake is a former freelance writer who now heads up guides for USG. He spends his days dreaming of an X-Files dating-sim and will play literally any game with monkeys in it. He has an unhealthy obsession with Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, and would pretty much trade a kidney for Skate 4 at this point.We’ve got all the info you need to escape Granny on iOS and Android. Use or Granny Guide to survive. ]]>