Categories
BLOG

find unclaimed money through sweepstakes and lottery

Find unclaimed money through sweepstakes and lottery

The National Lottery has made over 855 lucky individuals millionaires since its inception in 1994. Of the more than Ј11 billion paid out in prize money, Ј300 million in National Lottery winnings have gone unclaimed.

National Lottery prizes have to be claimed within 180 days of the draw, or the prize is paid back into the distribution fund to benefit “good causes.”

Approximately Ј34 million is currently available for claim. If you hold a winning ticket, phone the National Lottery Enquiry Line: 0845 910 0000; visit: http://www.national-lottery.co.uk or contact:

The National Lottery
Accounts Dept
PO Box 287
Watford
WD18 9TT

► A National Lottery Euromillions Results Checker Search is available online at:

► Prizes need to be claimed within 180 days of the draw date, after which time the money will go to the National Lottery Good Causes. Ј29 billion for over 380,000 grants has already been awarded. A list of the largest prizes that remain unclaimed is available online at:

Unclaimed Money Search

Find unclaimed money through sweepstakes and lottery

Ever bought a lottery ticket then forgotten about it? You may want to dig up your old tickets to make sure you didn’t win!

In 2017 there was $2.89 billion in unclaimed lottery prizes across the U.S. In 2011, a $77 million prize went unclaimed in Georgia (the biggest unclaimed prize ever)!

This article will explain how lottery winnings and other types of money go unclaimed, and what you can do to retrieve your money.

What happens to lottery money if it’s not claimed?

Typically in the lottery, after the announcement of the winning numbers (the “draw date”), the winner has a designated amount of time to present their ticket and claim their prize, usually between 90 and 360 days depending on the state and contest. You can find this information is on the physical ticket. After the specified amount of days your prize expires, you cannot claim it, and the state determines how to use that money. Some states distribute the money to other prizes and contests, while other states choose to use it for public services.

For example, in the Florida lottery “80 percent of unclaimed prize funds from expired tickets is transferred directly to the Educational Enhancement Trust Fund. The remaining 20 percent is returned to the prize pool from which future prizes are awarded or used for special prize promotions.”

In some states and contests (like Pennsylvania’s lottery) you can fill out a claim form with the Lottery to cash in the prize late.

How to find and claim unclaimed lottery winnings:

Each state has a website dedicated to matching unclaimed lottery money with the ticket-holders. Using these sites, you can look for your ticket number on the list of winning numbers whose prize has not been claimed.

Check your state’s unclaimed lottery website for your ticket number to find out if you’ve won:

We hope we’ve helped you hit the jackpot from the lottery, or your own personal jackpot of missing money to claim.

Thanks for reading! Ready to start searching for your money? Visit ClaimFound.com.

Check out our User Stories page to read success stories from people who got their money back through ClaimFound.

Find unclaimed money through sweepstakes and lottery Ever bought a lottery ticket then forgotten about it? You may want to dig up your old tickets to make sure you didn’t win! In 2017 there ]]>