The Festival Plaza can be accessed via the game menu and it’s the place where all communication features such as battling and trading can be found. The Plaza is owned by Trial Captain Sophocles.
Other players can visit your Festival Plaza, with whom you can battle and trade. You can check players who have visited your Festival Plaza in your player lists:
Up to 50 players you’ve met via communications will appear here. Players with the oldest update time will be deleted from the list as new players appear in your Festival Plaza.
You can register up to 50 players as your VIPs. Players registered as VIP will not be deleted from the list unless done so manually. Speak to a visitor, and select “I’ll register you as my VIP!” to register a person in this list.
Players who are added to this list will not appear in your Festival Plaza, and you will not receive battle or trade requests from them. You can add players to this list when you receive battle or trade requests from them. You can register up to a 100 players to the block list.
Among the visitors, there will be a handful who need something from you. This may be some request or question, or they may simply wish to share some information. Initially, five visitors in Festival Plaza will have some request for you, but upon reaching Rank 11, there will be six.
All visitors in Festival Plaza show a whisper when you are near enough to them, but for those with requests, the whisper is colored purple. Upon completing a request, you will be rewarded Festival Coins.
Festival Coins (also known as FC) are the currency used within the Festival Plaza. You can earn coins by taking on requests from people who visit your Plaza, and by hosting and joining missions.
Participating in global missions will dole out the highest amount of FC, see below.
The rank of your Festival Plaza increases based on the number of Festival Coins you gather. A higher rank unlocks rewards, like new facilities, or features. The following ranks unlock new features:
- Rank 4: Enables you to host and join missions
- Rank 8: Enables you to host facilities from visitors
- Rank 10: Enables you to buy fashion items from visitors
- Rank 20: Enables you to change the name of the Plaza
- Rank 30: Premium services become available (after you become the Champion)
- Rank 40: Enables you to change the song playing in the Plaza (after you become the Champion)
- Rank 50: Enables you to change the design of the castle
- Rank 60: Another castle theme becomes available
- Rank 70: Another castle theme becomes available
- Rank 100: The “I reached Festival Plaza Rank 100!” message becomes available
If you declines to host one of the facilities that Sophocles offers, he will present you with a gift tied to the facility’s rank:
- A rank of ★ gives you a Festival Ticket
- A rank of ★★ gives you a Pearl
- A rank of ★★★ gives you a Nugget
- A rank of ★★★★ gives you a Big Pearl
- A rank of ★★★★★ gives you a Big Nugget
In the castle in the middle of the Plaza, you can find the following services:
- Computer exclusively for communications
This computer connects you to services that require an internet connection, like Battle Videos and Game Sync.
- Information desk
Here you can go for information about the Festival Plaza.
- Reception desk for global missions
Here you can get information about global missions.
- Reception desk to page Trainers
You can use this service to talk to a particular visitor.
- Reception desk for remodelling
Here you can switch the order of facilities.
Your Festival Plaza can have a maximum of seven facilities. Each has a rank of ★ to ★★★★★ and offers different services depending on their rank.
You start with six facilities and can get new facilities as reward for raising your Festival Plaza rank, and by hosting facilities from visitors. If you don’t have room for any more facilities, you must either replace an existing one or decline the new one.
The facilities you start with and get rewarded with are random (including their rank) and differ per player. Hosting facilities from visitors becomes available to you at Festival Plaza rank 8, and can be done by asking a visitor “Do you know any good facilities?”. They will respond with their favourite facility, which you can then add to your own Festival Plaza at the cost of FC.
Facilities can generally be used once a day. For goody shops, food stalls, and bouncy houses, this means that each item or service they offer can only be purchased once a day.
Inside the castle in the center of Festival Plaza, you can talk to the man in the back-right to remodel Festival Plaza. This allows you to swap the positions of shops. The facility that appears first (rightmost from the castle entrance) is classified as your favorite and thus will be recommended to other players if they ask about any good facilities.
List of Facilities
At a bouncy house, you can EV train your Pokémon.
Available bouncy houses:
- Clink-Clunk Land – provides courses for raising Defense or Special Defense
- Stomp-Stomp House – provides courses for raising HP or Speed
- Thump-Bump Park – provides courses for raising Attack or Special Attack
At a dye house, you can change the color of white fashion items. You can choose to buy dyes, or dye with Berries you’ve collected. You can also redye any item you have previously dyed.
Available dye houses:
- Team Red
- Team Orange
- Team Yellow
- Team Green
- Team Blue
- Team Navy Blue
- Team Purple
- Team Pink
At a food stall, they can give your Pokémon food to rapidly raise it.
Available food stalls:
- Rare Kitchen – sells items that raises a Pokémon’s level
- Friendship Café – sells items that raise a Pokémon’s friendship
- Friendship Parlor – sells items that raise a Pokémon’s friendship
- Battle Table – sells items that raise a Pokémon’s stats
At a fortune-teller tent, the fortune teller can suggest at which facilities you may have luck. This may be described as “decent”, “good”, or “pretty good” luck. If the fortune teller says you will have luck at a lottery shop or haunted hause, then you may receive a better outcome at the suggested location than you would have before hearing the fortune.
The fortune teller will also give you a phrase to “bring you luck”. This phrase will be added to your repertoire of phrases you can use to customize your messages in your Festival Plaza profile settings. They are added to the Common Phrases category.
Available fortune-teller tents:
- Kanto Tent
- Johto Tent
- Hoenn Tent
- Sinnoh Tent
- Unova Tent
- Kalos Tent
- Pokémon House
At a goody shop, you can buy items for a good price.
Available goody shops:
- General Store – sells various items
- Ball Shop – sells various Poké Balls
- Battle Store – sells battle items
- Pharmacy – sells medicine
- Soft DrinkParlor – sells drinks
At a haunted house, you can earn items if your Pokémon reaches the goal.
Available haunted houses:
- Confuse Ray
- Ghosts’ Den
- Trick Room
At a lottery shop, you can win prizes by drawing a lottery ticket. It is also possible for the player to randomly earn a bonus drawing, resulting in two prizes. Making use of a lottery shop is free, but can only be done once a day.
Available lottery shops:
- Big Dreams – has Master Ball and Rare Candy as no. 1 and no. 2 prize
- Gold Rush – has Big Nugget and Nugget as no. 1 and no. 2 prize
- Treasure Hunt – has Gold Bottle Cap and Bottle Cap as no. 1 and no. 2 prize
When your Festival Plaza goes up to rank 4, you will be able to host and join missions. A mission is a game you play with others online in the Festival Plaza.
These missions have various goals that have to be reached within a certain time limit, like talking to visitors who fit a certain condition, or correctly answering questions of visitors.
For example, during the mission “Japanese lesson!” it is your goal to talk to visitors who say something in Japanese.
During “Type matchup test” missions, visitors will name one or two types and you have to answer which type is strong against those.
Each correct visitor or answer rewards you with one point. You don’t lose points for talking to the wrong visitor or giving the wrong answer. If you run out of visitors to talk to, talk to the lady in front of the castle to get new visitors.
During a mission you can view the time limit, your individual score, the amount of participants, and the total score of all participants on the bottom screen.
At the end of the mission, you will see the scores of all participants and are rewarded with FC based on your own score and the total score together. The “Type matchup test” and “Inverse type matchup test” missions reward the most FC of all the missions.
To join a mission, you can talk to the lady in front of the castle, who will show you a list of available missions to join in. If a mission is ongoing, it is also shown in a red scrolling bar on your bottom screen. Click on the bar to join the mission.
To host a mission, you need a Festival Ticket. You receive three of these each day from the lady in front of the castle, and you sometimes also receive one by going up in Festival Plaza rank. Talk to the same lady to host a mission. Choose a mission you want to host from the list and the mission will start. You also join in this mission yourself and receive FC for it.
List of Global Missions
Global Missions are limited-time events in which all players around the world receive a shared mission via Festival Plaza. These Global Missions will be held at regular intervals.
To participate you don’t need to be a Pokémon Global Link member, but if you are you will earn double the FC for participating and sometimes certain bonuses, such as Rare Candies and special Poké Balls.
Catch a lot of Pokemon!
- Time Period: Nov. 29 – Dec. 12, 2016
- Goal: Catch 100,000,000 Pokémon
- Reward: 1,000 – 2,000 FC if succeeded | 100 – 200 FC if failed
- Result: Failed (16,423,231 Pokémon caught)
Find Pokémon using Island Scan!
- Time Period: Dec. 27, 2016 – Jan. 29, 2017
- Goal: Use Island Scan to capture or defeat 1,000,000 Pokémon
- Reward: 2,017 – 4,034 FC if succeeded | 217 – 434 FC if failed
- Result: Failed (661,839 Island Scan Pokémon caught)
Trade Pokémon at the GTS!
- Time Period: Jan. 31 – Feb. 13, 2017
- Goal: Trade 1,000,000 Pokémon at the GTS
- Reward: 2,000 – 4,000 FC if succeeded + trade 5 times for 5 Rare Candies + a Friend Ball if the goal is doubled | 200 – 400 FC if failed
- Result: Succeeded (4,107,702 trades made)
Get BP at the Battle Tree!
- Time Period: Feb. 28 – March 13, 2017
- Goal: Earn 250,000 Battle Points at the Battle Tree
- Reward: 2,000 – 4,000 FC if succeeded + earn 3 BP for 5 Rare Candies + a Heavy Ball if the goal is doubled | 200 – 400 FC if failed
- Result: Succeeded (15,671,838 BP earned)
Hatch a lot of Eggs!
- Time Period: March 28 – April 10, 2017
- Goal: Hatch 200,000 Eggs
- Reward: 2,000 – 4,000 FC if succeeded + hatch 3 Eggs for 5 Rare Candies + a Love Ball if goal is doubled | 200 – 400 FC if failed
- Result: Succeeded (14,503,078 Eggs hatched)
Harvest Poké Beans!
- Time Period: April 25 – May 9, 2017
- Goal: Harvest 3 million Poké Beans
- Reward: 2,000 – 4,000 FC if succeeded + harvest 30 Beans for 5 Rare Candies + a Level Ball if goal is doubled | 200 – 400 FC if failed
- Result: Succeeded (75,230,246 Beans harvested)
Fish Pokémon at rare spots!
- Time Period: May 30 – June 12, 2017
- Goal: Hook 500,000 Pokémon or items
- Reward: 2,000 – 4,000 FC if succeeded + hook 3 Pokémon/items for 5 Rare Candies + a Lure Ball if goal is doubled | 200 – 400 FC if failed
- Result: Succeeded (1,228,170 Pokémon/items reeled in)
Defend Your Champion Title!
- Time Period: June 27 – July 10, 2017
- Goal: Defend your Champion title 100,000 times
- Reward: 2,000 – 4,000 FC if succeeded + defend title once for 5 Rare Candies + a Moon Ball if goal is doubled | 200 – 400 FC if failed
- Result: Succeeded (235,111 times title defended)
Try Your Luck!
- Time Period: July 25 – August 7, 2017
- Goal: Win the lottery 1,000 times
- Reward: 2,000 – 4,000 FC if succeeded + play lottery once for 5 Rare Candies + a Fast Ball if goal is doubled | 200 – 400 FC if failed
- Result: Succeeded (30,256 wins)
What are the odds of winning each prize in the Festival Plaza lotteries?
There are three kind of lotteries in the Festival Plaza: Big Dreams, Gold Rush and Treasure Hunt. You can play those lotteries only once a day, and you will draw a number between 1 and 10, each number representing one of the 10 prizes of the lottery. It seems like they are pulling a random number everyday, but I’m getting the 10th one (Berry Juice) nearly everyday. I am guessing that the better rewards are less common, but I wonder if there is a special system behind that.
How does the Lottery system work in the Festival Plaza and what are the odds to get each one of the items?
1 Answer 1
From the Serebii page on the Festival Plaza, it looks like the lower numbers (better prizes) are less likely to be rewarded than the higher numbers (worse prizes). However, you are able to increase your chances of getting better items by leveling up the rank of your store:
The different styles of Stores will give different top prizes and the higher the rank of the store, the more likely you get the higher prize.
Despite looking everywhere, I have seen no concrete numbers on the odds of getting each item. Your best bet of getting higher quality rewards from the Lottery Shop is to level up the rank of the store of the type of lottery you want to win.
I saw another good tip to increase your chances of winning in this article:
Since there’s no limit on what you can build, I would recommend tossing a few of these in your Festival Plaza from the beginning for a greater chance at getting rewards without spending your Festival Coins.
Lastly, there’s another good tip here:
The higher your rank, the better the facility becomes. If you have a rank five Treasure Hunt, your chances of winning a top prize increase dramatically. You can have up to seven facilities in your Plaza. If five of these are rank 5 Treasure Hunts, chances are you’ll leave your plaza with 2-3 additional bottle caps daily.
In conclusion, it looks like if you want to win, have at least 2 Lottery Shops and 3-4 of whatever type of store you want to win the lottery for and max out all of their ranks.What are the odds of winning each prize in the Festival Plaza lotteries? There are three kind of lotteries in the Festival Plaza: Big Dreams, Gold Rush and Treasure Hunt. You can play those ]]>