ct lottery application

Ct lottery application

To protect the health and safety of the public and our employees, DCP has limited on-site staffing at 450 Columbus Blvd. While mail and phone calls will be processed as quickly as possible, we recommend using our online services, or sending an email to the appropriate division/person instead. We apologize for any inconvenience.

Lottery Sales Agent

New Applicants:

Persons interested in becoming a Lottery Sales Agent must apply at the Connecticut Lottery Corporation (CLC). When the applicant’s application package is completed, the Department of Consumer Protection will administer a criminal background check and financial suitability assessment. Once the applicant has completed the CLC training and has been reviewed and approved by the Department of Consumer Protection, a Lottery Sales Agent license will be granted.

Contact information for prospective Lottery Sales Agent s:

Connecticut Lottery Corporation Retailer Services

301 Hammer Mill Rd

Rocky Hill, CT 06067

Due to current events, it is highly recommended that all renewals be submitted online. Our ability to receive and process mailed renewal notices and payments will be significantly delayed.

Lottery Sales Agent licenses expire annually on March 31st. There is no fee required to renew such license. Renewals submitted after the expiration date may be subject to a civil penalty or fine by the Department.

To download a paper renewal application click on the link below:

To complete the renewal online, you may request your User ID and Password by emailing the following information to [email protected] :

  1. Name
  2. License type
  3. License number
  4. Email address

Change of Person-In-Charge (PIC):

To report a change in the PIC, the owner and PIC must complete and sign the application below. The change must be reported within 15 days.

Ct lottery application To protect the health and safety of the public and our employees, DCP has limited on-site staffing at 450 Columbus Blvd. While mail and phone calls will be processed as


Depending on the products the business sells, you may be required to file for the following licenses/registrations:

Check with the local zoning official, health and fire marshal for additional requirements.

The following licenses may be required through the Connecticut Department of Consumer Protection:

  • Frozen Dessert Retailer – the production of frozen desserts for retail sale (for example, the sale of ice cream/”slushy” through soft serve machines). If selling scoop and serve ice cream be sure to check with the local health department
  • Bakery – the production of baked goods for sale
  • Vending Machine Operator
  • Non-legendary Drug – the sale of non-legendary drugs (over the counter drugs)
  • Pharmacy – both pharmacy and staff
  • Liquor – the sale of liquor
  • Retail, Gasoline Dealer Permit – if selling gasoline at retail (Weights & Measures)
  • Weights & Measures Device Registration – if serving food through a deli be sure that the scales used to weigh the food are properly registered. Typically the company that leases scales is responsible for registering the scales. If purchasing the scales, be sure to ask the company that is selling you the scales if they register the scales.

There are no trade or occupational licenses required for food services in Connecticut. However, a food service certification may be required. For more information please check with the local health department. For information on the Food Protection Program contact the Connecticut Department of Public Health. Contact the agency: (860) 509-7297 Visit:

The U.S. Department of Justice Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco & Firearms requires retailers of alcohol and tobacco to register. The Bureau also regulates the operation of importers and wholesalers. For additional information please contact the district or Connecticut offices: Hartford (860) 240-3400 New Haven (203) 773-2060 or visit

As of the 1/1/03 the Alcohol and Tobacco Tax and Trade Bureau (TTB), is responsible for all inquiries in regards to regulating the alcohol and tobacco industries imposed on manufacturers and importers of these products. Visit the Bureau’s web site for more details

Register for sales & use tax (REG-1), cigarettes dealer’s license (over the counter sales) (Addendum A), motor vehicles fuel tax – petroleum products gross earnings tax (Addendum C), alcoholic beverages tax (Addendum D) by registering and filing appropriate Addendum(s) with the Connecticut Department of Revenue Services. Also, retailers should be familiar with the resale certificate. Contact the agency: 1-800-382-9463 (Connecticut only) or (860) 297-5962 Visit:

The sale of lottery products requires an application to be filed with the Connecticut State Lottery . Contact the agency: (860) 713-6000 for visit the agency website for further details. Once the application is completed with CT Lottery, it is submitted to Connecticut Department of Consumer Protection’s Gaming Division for final approval.

The Women, Infants and Children (WIC) program with the Connecticut Department of Public Health is state subsidy that provides milk, cheese and various food items for women and their infants/children. Open enrollment is available each year on October 1. Request a WIC application in writing including the store name, address and phone number as well as the owner’s name. If purchasing an existing business, the existing WIC vendor stamp is not transferable and the new owner must apply as a new vendor. Contact the agency: 1-800-741-2142 or (860) 509-8084 Visit:

Retailers wanting to accept and redeem food stamps must be registered through the Supplemental Nutritional Assistance Program (formerly known as the Food Stamp Program) of the U.S. Department of Agriculture. Contact the agency: 1-800-842-1508 Visit:

The Connecticut Department of Energy & Environmental Protection regulates activities that may impact the state’s natural resources and environment. DEP administers permitting programs that protect the state’s resources by regulating the emissions of pollutants, facility operations, and land use activities. If your activity has the potential to impact the environment or the state’s natural resources, you may need to apply for and obtain one or more permits. Contact the agency: (860) 424-3003 or [email protected] Visit:

Food labeling requirements are under the jurisdiction of the federal U.S. Food & Drug Administration – Compliance Branch. Food labeling questions can be e-mailed to [email protected] or call 888-463-6332 (888-INFO-FDA). Visit:

In addition, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration’s Public Health Security and Bioterrorism Preparedness and Response Act of 2002 (the Bioterrorism Act 2002) requires the owner, operator, or agent in charge of a domestic or foreign food processing facility to submit a registration to the Secretary of the FDA. For a foreign facility, the registration must include the name of the U.S. agent for the facility.

Additionally, the Connecticut Department of Consumer Protection can assist with food labeling requirements. Contact the agency 860-713-6160 or [email protected] Visit:

Note: Smaller businesses with low volume may apply for a labeling exemption.

Advance Connecticut with Us

AdvanceCT provides assistance to grow your business, make informed decisions, find location opportunities, and build your local economy.

Requirements and contact information for Lottery Sales Agent in Connecticut. ]]>